Which of these languages are more useful to learn and why?

• French
  • Russian
  • German
  • Spanish

Most Helpful Guy

• Spanish overall, but it depends on where you live and what you plan on doing in the Future.

Most Helpful Girl

• Spanish if you wanna travel around a lot because it's amongst the most spoken languages in the world, German if you wanna make money because they have a really stable and good economy - but let me warn you, German is so freaking hard lol 😅😖

What Guys Said 15

• It depends on what you're doing.. If you plan on living in either Russia, France, or Germany then by all means learn those. If you want to get the most bang for your buck then learn Spanish because more places speak that and it will probably eventually overtake English as the main language in the United States eventually :)

• It depends. If you are int he Americas, obviously Spanish. In Europe, I would say German is second to English in terms of usefulness and how common it is.

• Not if you're near Quebec. Or Haiti.

• @zagor Well sure, but a solid 3/4 of the Americas, Spanish is by far more useful than French.

• @zell0is0my0name I'll try to be helpful and non-sarcastic.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a job that is in Europe, probably attempt French. Or Russian. French or Russian r useful languages to know.

If ur gonna become a drug dealer learn Spanish.

• So Spanish isn't really useful?

• Good night!

• Bonne nuit, monsieur <3

• What's the most useful? Hmm... I would say whatever one that would keep more peace in the world. Russian?

• Why Russian?

• I don't have anything against Russia and I hope I'm wrong, but out of those above, Russia is the country that my country is the least friendly with. But like I said, I hope I'm wrong. I hope our country is friendly with every country, but I'm sure there's a few countries that aren't happy with us - Pakistan and North Korea to name a few.

• Spanish tends to be remarkably common, due to those colonial days, but Germans good, and french is a very good one (mainly because lots of African and indonesian nations speak it along with a good amount of european nations, and canada)

• I think Russian or German. They are useful in Eastern Europe and Central Asia to some extent at least Russian.

• I'm Arab and I chose Spanish, it's common sense.

• all of them. Depends on why you need to learn it.

• Hmmmm... i'd go Spanish as there are more Spanish speakers in the world than the other ones.

• Spanish is easier too, right?
      Russian and German are just.. Ugh and French gives me a headache.

• Not sure if this is the same with Spanish. Apparently if you know Portuguese or know it almost like a native speaker. you would be able to understand some or most of Spanish and Italian.

• Yeah, but French and German girls are hotter.

• Spanish it's very easy to learn I can pick it up quick and it's spoken everywhere.

• E) Chinese

Anyway, the answer depends entirely on where you live, or intend to, and what you want to do.

• Depends on a lot of things.

• Learn German, you don't want Germans to speak English with you. You really don't.

• Spanish, Russian and French are spoken on two or more continents, while German is spoken only in Europe.
    On the other hand, German is spoken in several European countries, while Russian is spoken mostly in Russia (and some other former USSR republics).
    As for the estimated number of speakers in the world, Spanish and Russian outnumber French and German speakers.

• Spanish since south america is the closest to antartica.

• @maxemeister : is he right?

• of course I'm right.

• Just confirming dude.

What Girls Said 14

• That depends on what you want to do with it. If you plan on living in the US and especially if you live in the SW, then you should learn Spanish. There are 52 million Spanish speakers in the USA, making it the 2nd largest Spanish-speaking country in the world, behind Mexico. You can get Spanish language radio and TV stations with ease, which will help to learn it. It is also one of the easiest languages for Anglophones to learn.

Good luck.

• I think there r more Spanish speakers than anything else. At least where I'm at... And it's probably the easiest out of those... Haha

• Seems the easiest.. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

• The united States. From Cali but right now live in AZ

• I chose French.. but only because I know that language. I'm learning Spanish too right now, and it's going quite okay for me so far.

I heard German is pretty difficult, have never learned it tho, maybe I will. And probably also Mandarin, it's quite easy to speak this language, but not easy to read nor write it.

• If you are in America, Spanish.
    If you are here in Europe, then German or French. But I would say German is more useful.

• Widely spoken around the world

• Spanish, by far. However, it largely depends on where you live and plan to live in the future.

Also another that is not on your poll- Mandarin would be another one that would be smart to learn. However, it is one of the more difficult to learn.

• I think all of them I am leaning french and russian but I've been slacking :( The best reason to learn these languages is to gain knowledge and communicate with others and its the best way to build friendships as well :)

• Is it hard to learn Russian?

• It depends. For me, I need more practice. In my experience I find it hard to memorize all the letters because I read some of them as English letters which messes me up and throws me off like B=V P=R stuff like that and the had and soft sign that makes it tough at least for me and the pronunciation of words such as мы and the way you have to rrrreally rrrroll the "Rs" kinda like purring

• Also, try this site it can really help if you are interested to learn: https://www.duolingo.com/

• French because it is spoken on every continent.

• Germans are usually good English speakers so you can communicate with them without having to learn german. Russian is only useful if you'll live in Russia I guess. Spanish is a very used language so why not and french as-well. It's a tie between french and Spanish

• Probably Spanish. I think more people should learn Mandarin though. I'd rather learn French even if it's a little impractical.

• Most places speak English French or Spanish so yeah I know not all places but if you speak at least a little of each you'll be fine. Besides, learning French/Spanish is easier if you know the other one before

• I voted Spanish, but I think French and German are also very useful

• I'd say Spanish. It's the most common of the choices where I live.

• French. So you can say croissant the right way heee and you can read all those wine names