What do you think Chai is?

As the question asks

The reason I asked is because a lot of people seem to not know what it actually is properly. Chai is just regular tea just like tea in English is tea well chai in some middle Eastern countries and India is the word for tea. A lot of people think chai is a special tea with milk and spices. That's just how the Indians and Middle Easterns like their tea or "chai" but it literally is just tea. I hate when people say I love chai tea because they literally saying I love tea tea. Just some info to know

Most Helpful Guy

• LOL :D
    Chai means tea. People call tea as Chai in various languages like Hindi, Urdu & even Arabic etc. It is derived from Mandarin Chinese 'chá'. That's all. It's not a variety of tea.
    I'm an Indian and I call tea as Chai :)

• I call tea, chai as well. I hate that people think chai is a special kind of tea

• Just like people think Judo and Karate are the same thing while the difference is of day and night.

• Exactly! 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• It means Indian tea. Some people tease me, they call me Chai because my real name kind of sounds like chai...

• It's actually not indian tea. The word chai means tea in Middle Eastern countries and india but it isn't a type of tea. It's just the word for tea. Like in English it's tea.

• @Omar5881 You meab the simple chai? :O Nive :) I drink Lipton tea sometimes, but I usually drink Brook bonds taj's tea and Tata tea.. Both the name sounds so funny 😂😂

• Yeah they sound funny 😂

What Guys Said 10

• If I have my facts down right
    it's indian spices made into a tea.

The word is just their way to say "tea"
    just like here we call it "Ocha" which is somewhat
    similar to the word Chai.. I guess.

• Chai is Indian tea. With milk and sugar.

• It's actually not indian tea. The word chai means tea in Middle Eastern countries and indian but it isn't a type of tea. It's just the word for tea. Like in English it's tea.

• So now Hindi, Turkish, Arabic, Dari & Pashto... this is awesome :d

• Hehe Yep... That it is

• its a type of tea

• Not a type of tea. Chai is the word for tea in certain languages

• Chai In Arabic means tea

• Yes! And In a few other countries too 😊

• Really chai means tea in another languages never knew that

• It's tea right

• It's spelled as "çay" in Turkish.

• The most wonderful tea on Earth.🍵 🍵 🍵😃

• Tea with milk and sugar

• It's Indian tea right, I thought it was very popular in the UK.

• a technique used by ancient Chinese to torture prisoners. Today we use it to enlarge one's phallus.

What Girls Said 10

• Russian word for tea? 😂

• Chai is tea, no? A chai-wallah serves tea, correct?

• i think its tea

• Chai simply means tea. When people say it they are usually referring to Masala Chai, which is an Indian black tea made with a blend of spices and milk.

• Yes your correct. Masala means spice so that's why its masala chai. A lot of people get confused and it's good to know some people know it

• Yes, I am pretty well versed when it comes to the culinary world.

• Tea pretty much. Also a thing called Chai Latte.

• chai is just tea isn't it? LOL

• isn't that an herb?

• It means tea... with milk or without, in Hindi language.

• I'd say it is tea.

• Im middle eastern i was gonna say that lol xD