Guys, when did you stop playing video games?

ok i think no one stops playing completely, but i think there usually comes a point where you just lose that sense of addiction for playing video games where you HAVE to play everyday and whenever you can, at some point it just becomes something that you do because you are bored and can't find anything else better to do, or there is a really big game out like GTA and you have to play it but afterwards you don't touch the PS3 for another 6 months.

anyways for me it was really early, like when i was 13 or 14, I used to be so addicted but then one time i spent about 3 months away from home and there was no playstation to play with for 3 months, and when i return, somehow, the appeal just isn't there anymore, it just seems there are better things to do, and video game was no longer the focus of my life and my main entertainment, it almost became something that is dull and boring to me.

I still play sparingly, i just bought MGS 5, which is only the 12th games I bought in 7 years for the PS3, which shows you how little I play that thing, and how expensive I think the games are.

Anyway, how about you when did you lost that passion for video games?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• I play sparingly also, not because I have lost interest, there are actually some cool games I have been wanting to play on PS3, but because I am 36 years old and now have grown up responsibilities (ei house to clean, dinner to cook, kids to pick up from school) that more than often take precedence over game time. If I do it's usually on weekends after the house is cleaned and the kids are in bed. Just to clarify I am not bashing any of you that have the time to game more than I do or that implying you should have other things to do.

• I totally agree with you, there comes a point in life where the REAL tasks and REAL rewards of life becomes more important and more rewarding than your fake tasks and fake rewards.
      At some point video games just become... silly... or even, stupid.
      Like a toy that you used to play with when you were 6 years old.

What Guys Said 3

• about a year ago, i dropped it because i discovered that it is an addiction and a huge waste of money. life might not be as exciting as the world of borderlands but it is "real" and i prefer achievements that actually give depth to your life, meaning to your day, and money in your pocket. stay free my friend, life is not something to waste.

• Im currently addicted to War Thunder!!! I will never stop playing games!!!

• I have never been addicted to playing, so I've remained at the same level of play.