When lonely is it better to go to a bar and drink or stay home and drink?

I hope this is not a stupid question, I just don't want to be the depressed guy at the bar and I've seen depressed guys at the bar, just lonely and want to talk to girls but it's unlikely I'll meet anyone single.

Bump
Bump.

Most Helpful Girl

• It honestly depends on how you're going to act when you go to the bar. If you feel like you're going to be antisocial or that your confidence is going to shrink at the sight of groups of friends and couples, then don't go.

I can recall going to a bar/club alone several times when I used to live in a loft above a club. About five minutes up the street was the main night life scene. :) Sometimes it would be 10 and I would get a random urge to go out but not want to wait around for someone to meet me so I would just go out, order my own drink, and either people watch or socialize with others there. During one of those times, some random chick I started a convo with about her shoes invited me to dance and chill with her friends for most of the night.

So it can work out really well for you depending on your attitude and if you have the confidence to make the night enjoyable no matter what :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it's better to go out. Personally, I think that the more you do it, the less lonely you'll feel and ultimately, the less lonely you'll look.

What Girls Said 2

• Drinking at home since that means no money wasted.

• Stay at home, its cheaper...

• Agreed! It's expensive to drink out. I have my own home bar fully stocked, cheap drinking right there haha. But I'm not around girls though :/

What Guys Said 1

• Stay home. Women hate loaners. Unless you know the bouncer, then trust me, stay home unless you can go with at least a friend to a bar.