What does it mean to be late?

What does it mean when someone give you a time to meet them and you get there right on time but they're 15 minutes late? Does it mean that they disrespect you? And what should I say when they show up late?

Most Helpful Guy

• That depends extremely on the culture you live in (and the culture this other person grew up in). There are countries where it is considered polite to come too early. There are other countries where punctuality is an extremely important part of the mentality and both being late or being early a total no-go and there are yet other countries where being late is actually considered polite and showing up on time is considered very rude.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they're constantly doing it then it's disrespectful but if it's once in a blue moon (and they have a reason for it) then it shouldn't be a big deal.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Well, sometimes I'm late coz I get lost