For those who are single, why do you think you are?

Just curious as to why you might think you are. Could be any reason. Go ahead

Thanks for so many answers, really made my day

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm single by choice. I do have casual relationships with girls though (usually they last a few weeks). The reason behind it is that, where I am at least, most women aren't looking for a long term relationship and/or they don't seem to take dating too seriously.

I feel like I need to wait until I'm older when girls are looking for said relationship. Until then, I just kinda go in and out of friends with benefits. I used to be the hopeless romantic type in high school, but nowadays it seems women aren't really into that sort of thing.

• Aww man I'm lookin into serious relationships and here most guys seem to look for something casual :/

• @Sarahnade that's the hookup culture for ya!

@Dave20152 Its not so bad. Eventually I'll meet someone who is up for it. If the other women want to just serve as some fluff between then and now, that's their choice - I'm open to taking it seriously.

• It seems though, as if, girls follow your lead. They want you to take control, you control whether you're in a relationship or not. They control sex

What Girls Said 38

• this basically sums it up for me
    starecat.com/.../seven-reasons-why-im-single.jpg

• So which one do you think it is?

• Oh so now I'm immature... what the fuck... BYE

• Asker I agree. She flips out so easily, no matter what you do. I know from experience. You guys were complimenting her...

MissNowhere, maybe you're single because you're emotionally immature and are insecure in a very irritating way. Insecurity and self-doubt is normal, but not like how you're making it.

• I know exactly why:
    1. I hate being set up on blind dates and just refuse flat out to go
    2. My workplace doesn't have any single men
    3. My hobbies don't have any single men
    4. I don't go out to clubs and bars very frequently and when i do i prefer to hang out with my friends and enjoy their company
    5. I do not trust the internet or any apps with meeting people
    6. I trust my gut instinct and am pretty observant, so i tend to avoid players

Basically, currently i am not physically going anywhere near any single men.
    I'm enjoying my life and the activities and people who make me happy.
    I am happy being single and i really like my alone time and feeling independent so i'm not actively trying.
    Relationships are lovely, they're the icing on the cake... So if i do happen across someone interesting, I'd probably see where it goes but there's no hurry.

• I hope you never find love with a man in live anymore. 😊 You are already completely happy. Lucky you!

• Aren't you 27?

• Yes i am.

I'm probably in the minority when i say this, but as an introvert I've always been more comfortable on my own.
      I don't know what it is about me, but as much as people (my mum mainly) tell me to hurry up, the less pressure i feel. I just don't feel like it right now. And maybe that will change, maybe it won't. I'm just putting it out there that not everyone is rushing through life, it's not a competition, some of us are just happy to live it day by day.

• I'm single for multiple reasons.

1. terrible taste in guys
    2. anti-social/dark and depressing
    3. I'm a huge commitmentphobe. It's not that I can't get a guy, but I can't keep one. This is mostly due to me self-sabotaging my relationships. I've never had a relationship that lasted past 2 months.

@MissNowhere's picture also summed up why I'm single.

• Cause I'm oblivious as fuck about those things and I suppose it comes off as disinterest.

Basically..

40.media.tumblr.com/.../...lgFzdV1rn6g3oo1_500.png

• When someone says "your'e cute" you say "thanks" and you could even do the same back (if you feel that way). It sounds like you just don't know how to deal with being liked

• I absolutely love socializing and it's absolutely not hard for me to make new friends. I often meet guys who like me, but I almost never feel the same about them. I'm also not looking for a relationship. I'm in school for school's sake :3 , not finding a boyfriend/husband. If the opportunity shows up, I'll grab it. But I'm not looking for one or pushing.

• Apparently I'm too tall, too skinny, too pale, my hair is too short, too dolly, I seem reserved and heartless (which I swear I'm not!) & am too shy ~ at least that's what I've been told and it must be true so to sum it up it's basically because I'm ugly & appear more like an object rather than a human being (which isn't really nice to hear..)

• Not interested in this atm.

• @catylina ugh ikr like he asked why do I think I am single and I state my reason and he fucking said its an excuse -.- why the rush being into a relationship at 17

• I'm just sayin'

And, caitlyn's an ass herself. Check out her answers

• I'm actually not sure why. Guys always stop talking to me after a while. Usually a few months later they have a girlfriend. It hurts sometimes but I move on and accept it. I've stopped putting myself out there to be honest as I'd rather not try than not succeed sometimes.

But I'm going to try the approach my guy friends favour. They got their girlfriends by 'shopping' for them, organising lots of things in the hope of meeting a nice girl.

I've decided to overhaul things-dye my hair a new colour and get a new cut as I just feel that I get less respect as a blonde. I'm going for the red colour in my profile pic. I'm going to organise lots of fun things and try not to be shy any more. I've realised as well that guys seem to get to know several girls before they start a relationship so I might try that too. My guy friends are successful in relationships but my female friends are mostly perma single like me so I've decided to change my approach.

• Good idea

• Well it is kind of weird. The only way it's not weird is if you're posting a picture of a girl who looks basically like yourself, since, that's not really misleading

• You are beautiful I think guys decided not to pursue you because guys think they are not good enough for you

• Well I know I'm not fully over my RCMP yet so that may affect my chances... and I don't know if I have any other reasons.. I'm not ugly, I think I'm somewhat pretty but for some reason I blend in with the crowd so maybe not a lot of boys notice me.

• *Monogamy to ME is NOT natural
    *Love to ME is total self delusion
    *I enjoy having complete freedom WITHOUT compromise or sacrifice or permission
    *I HATE rules + regulations + power struggles + being told what to do
    *I am 400 percent selfish 500 percent of the time :P
    *I am forever restless + get bored in nanoseconds
    *I am ALWAYS looking for someone + something new

• Right now, I am choosing to be. I was with this guy for quite some time, but it's so emotionally and sometimes physically draining, I want to focus on myself right now.

• There was a mytale about this - nailed it pretty well.
    Mostly because I never meet new people.

• Why don't you save time trying, for example, Tinder?

• Fuckkk I am in the same boat!! 😉

• Nope. Impossible to get a job, I don't go to school anymore - double masters completed.

• Because I choose not to be in a relationship. For me it's a serious deal and I don't want to settle with the first persons that comes around. I want to take my time and choose wisely. I'm still not ready for a relationship.

• It's ok to not be Ina relationship but, don't you think you should at least date, you're 20

• Yes true, but I'll probably give myself a couple of years, once I'm more settled down and comfortable in my skin :))

• hmm.. well.. so many reasons.. one is i am a freaking mess..

• I don't want to be dating right at the moment I want to take a big break from dating because I don't think my heart can deal with heartbreak in the moment.

• What happened?

• We weren't together we were trying to be together but we got in a big fight then a month I try to see if we could work things out and he basically told me he doesn't want anything with me and he said he was just looking for a good time.

• Ah, one of those things. Yeah, that must have sucked

• I think I'm too ugly and not skinny enough.

• ... because I'm not attracted to single people so. I mean.

• Because i choose to be.

• I'm 15 so.. yeah. I also curse a lot.

• It's ok to curse a lot, but, knowing when you should, is good. You wouldn't go saying the f word to your grandparents, would you, right?

• Oh, why don't you see them?

• Well, it's complicated. The main reason i cause I'm currently living with my dad in Cambodia. But even when I was in Malaysia. there were very rare chances to see them as they lived in a different part of the state

• im just not interested in being in a relationship right now cause im focusing on becoming 100% independant, and getting my career in order and just becoming the best possible version of myself , i have years and years after to get into relationships

• I have way too high standarts , eventhough I just got two
    1. Be healthy
    2. Dragon Age : Origin Fan

• Because I don't know a guy I'd like to be with

• Guys just don't seem to be able to tell me about their feelings.
    I only find out through their friends after a year or so... and I am imprinted with the idea of guys making the first move. So yea.

• No one asked me to be their girlfriend yet and because these days I'm just stuck at home, not exposed to the outside world.

• By choice and I am passive

• I'm single for these reasons
    Two kids
    Not affecionate
    I don't look for love
    I just simply don't care that much , I seem to be ok

• How do you manage two kids, at 22?

• I just do , I mean it's not like I could take them back and if I could I wouldn't. I love my girls a lot... but it isn't easy I had two kids as a teenager so it's very stressful but I manage I'm still alive and breathing

• Just became single. It didn't work out with him...

• What happened?

• What happened though, like, feelings don't just "disappear"

• I don't know :( but I'm happy it's over. I put way too much effort into that relationship but nothing was coming of it.

• I have friends that are way more beautiful and confident than me and guys go for them lol

• Because I have not gone out to look.

• Not really looking for a relationship atm

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 45

• Totally honest here: because I would not date myself. lol

I stay inside too much, got no job, got no money, got a car and I look good enough and I'm not bloated or anything, but... eh.

Truth be told, I've got a lot more to be worried about in my life than not having a significant other. Work, career, gainful employment, family, taxes, work around the house... these are all much more pressing needs than chasing after some lady, even if she's fine as hell and all I'd want her for is to have someone to cherish and share a sense of companionship with. Besides, I'm not even really actively looking for someone these days, so I'll probably be single for a while here... and thankfully, I'm not insecure and overly upset about it either! :)

• I'm single because I haven't told/asked 1 of these girls to be my girlfriend yet. When I want a girl in my life, I'll be able to do it the moment that I realize _____ has the hots for me LOL. Because I've yet to meet a girl who's rejected me after I've asked her to be my woman. Then again I'm making her laugh + putting a smile on her face so why would she? i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• The few obstacles in my life are in the way of me finding an equal. That being said it doesn't mean, I'm not going out aand putting myself out there. Going on solo adventures, trying new things, and flirting n teasing w/ complete strangers. I've had more success by simply doing that than when I'm not looking and it just happens. That's my idea as to why I'm single right now, but there's a girl I'm talking to however our lives are not on the right track to a conducive r/s. Might have to let her go.

• 1 I don't like having to listen to a women talk, they say a lot of words that could have been summed up in a sentence.
    2 I don't like women who have fucked many men and lets be honest that's most women now
    3 I don't like women trying to change me
    4 I don't like it when women try to make decisions for us, that's my job.

• In my opinion being single is self-perpetuating thing. I am never with a woman so even female friends of mine could never imagine me with a woman. The longer this period of time goes on for the more concrete that view is. After a while I suppose women will decide that the fact that I have always been single will itself be a reason why I shouldn't be in a relationship because that very fact indicates that there must be fundamentally wrong with me.

• 1. The ONLY thing I have to offer now is that I'm mature, intelligent, and very compassionate. I'm also boring, lazy, and have an ugly mug.

2. I wouldn't date myself. I don't feel like I'm worth dating right now, and I think it shows. I can't remember the last time a girl showed interest in me, and I don't blame them.

3. My life is a mess right now. I think I shouldn't add any complications to that.

• I have high standards compared to what I have to offer. Additionally I have low self esteem, am anti-social, boring and put litteraly zero effort into looking for a soneone.

• My girl crush is in Canada, and I don't make enough for
    the stressed out loved ones around me, let's try for a 4th job !..

But, it's complicated anyways & she's.. pretty happy with her
    lifestyle. Y' know, supporting someone with no job. Handling day by day
    abuses from him. It's one of those tough screws you just can't get loose.

Maybe I'm single because I pretend to be the Knight that I'm not.

Hey, I'm glad the other posts made your day.
    Much oblige for letting me rant haha !

Cheers mate ! ~

• Because I hold myself to an extremely high standard, not considering myself good at something until I could, conceivably, be professional at it. I'm so hard on myself that if I try something and can't get it I just don't ever do it again, especially with things that should be simple with basic calculations or included instructions. I expect the people I spend time with to be that hard on themselves and that ambitious as well, I expect the women I date to have those same qualities and an intellectual capability to have a conversation about anything and everything that comes up in depth using reasoning and abstract thought to open new doors and create new possibilities.

• Sounds like you just don't want to do hard work. Like you think life is easy or whatever, not good. Life is hard, keep trying those things you attempt. If at first you don't succeed, try try again

• Honestly, being single can be any number of reasons. For some it is on purpose, for others not.

For me it wasn't really on purpose. But I wasn't focused on finding someone either. I'd say it was mostly my own fault.

• I just got a very good job in the another city... so I am quite busy from noting 10am to 8pm... it takes 40 mins to come and go...
    So mostly I don't have time for a girlfriend right now... but the main problem is I don't know where to find one LOL 😓...

I have to make friends first then I may get a girlfriend... or I may just meet a girl soon hahaha how knows?

Should I try online dating? An advice would be appreciated... anyone?

• *from morning

• Well I even said that I don't know where to start or meet girls in a new city!!!
      . where should I start then?

• Be active, gain interests etc... Girls like guys who are involved, always striving to do good and better themselves, if you're a jock or like to work out, try the gym, if you're a bookie, go to th library, etc... All it takes is confidence though. That's what you need

• cause the selection females aren't up to par with me, i am on another level, these hoes need to step it up! tired of their mediocrity!! lmao!!! jk!!!
    just haven't found a girl who isn't completely self absorbed and needy...

• I think it's because I'm too nice haha when I actually like a girl I never go for sex and I usually end up in the "friendzone" but I have really good luck when it comes to me hooking up with girls haha maybe I should try to mix those and go for hooking up and then try a relationship with them 😂 hmm

• Ugly i guess.

That, And im a bit of an introvert.

• Confidence man, girls really don't care about looks (to an extent). They want to see confidence!

• Confidence will only go so far if you look like shit, id rather not even waste my time.

• It's easy to be confident if you are good looking

• Because I am, simple

• Because I have a million and one other things to do before I can even begin to put any effort in. I want a hand to hold more than anything. But I also don't like to burden other people with me. I would give everything for the right person, but I would ultimately be a disappointment. I hate myself, so I beautiful (in every sense of the word) women is hardly going to be interested in me. Basically, I'm broken. That's why I'm single.

• 1 - Ugly as hell
    2 - Ugly as hell
    3 - Ugly as hell

and those affect my self confidence , not to say i have not tried , i have but at the last second i chicken out and say ( nope , i will get rejected and feel like shit ) SO i end up with my guy friends , telling them , and they all laugh because they all DO THE SAME THING :D :D

• At least you know what you need to do

• what do you mean 'you know what you need to do' ? being ugly has no solutions dude , it's not a personality or way of speech issue , it's just constant...

• After many bad experiences with dating I decided to stop dating by choice. College has become my main focus and need to use this time to improve myself as a person and become more independent and value time management. I can still have friendships and casual relationships with people but I do not want anything serious until I know I am with the right person.

• Commitment phobe? Lol

• Yeah No. With the changing of the time and the fact that people constantly telling me that I am too good for them just to be kind to me I figured I cannot keep dissapointing myself and repeately getting hurt. Commitment isn't not the issue.

• 1. Too shy/awkward around women
    2. Don't know how to approach or flirt/talk to women
    3. I'm short which is a deal breaker for a lot of girls
    4. Don't put myself out there enough

• Just recently become single, so I'll find that out if I still am after a certain period of time.

• What happened?

• I doubt it, but who knows. She never went out that much, she usually liked to just stay with me. But I'm not with her anymore so it's not important to me.

• She may have been doing stuff behind your back

• Work, school higher priorities I guess.

• Coz life is a bitch

• Because i'm a socially awkward and shy weirdo.

• Cuz @chocolateismylover won't gimme a second chance at life 😓

• I'm not sure myself, i haven't round the right girl but girls just seem to stop talking to me after a while

• Well, is there any reason they should stop talking to you?

• I can't know if they don't tell what it is i'm doing wrong or putting them off, do you ask a builder to build a house without first letting him know what you need building?

• Usually they already know, or well, the good ones will know

• Because I want to be.

• Why's that

• Not because you "want to be"

• Not necessarily. I actually want to be, I'm happy this way and feel no desire for a relationship, but I won't dismiss the possibility that someone can change my mind if we match on all possible levels, I am human after all, but the chances of this are so rare that I'm not expecting it all and am perfectly content being single the rest of my life. I've had many opportunities in the past few years with some great girls but I've turned them all down, I am friends with some of them now and don't see them as any more than such. You'd have to know how I think to completely understand.

• Too shy and awkward, unattractive, spend most time alone anyway, too scared to ask about going past friends

• I'm waiting for Adriana Lima to become available

• I do not know if you can see my previous posts, but if you can you will know why.

• It's a lifestyle

• More from Guys
    15