How to tell if i'm transgender?

I'm a 6ft 4 tall 22 year old, yet some how when i'm around my shorter girl friends i always feel like i'm the boyfriend or the gentleman because i always hold open the doors and give them my jackets, etc

I've been feeling like this since 2008

Basiclly, it's not the Height that is bothering me, the problem is

Well honestly, i've been feeling like one of the guys, you know letting other ladies through the door, i feel like i'm more of a guy with the guys than what i feel about myself as a girl, i feel more comfortable with guys than i do than the girls, i feel turned on more about the girls than the guys (could just be hormones playing a role) but i'm more of the rough and tumble sporting girls who likes wrestling and things like
that than i do with the girly girl things like barbie, hell even growing up i played more with my brothers Action Man and toy cars than i did with my own barbie and ken dolls

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you think/feel like you're in the "wrong body"?
    Do you feel like a male and you should be male and not female?

• Yes i feel like i'm in the wrong body

I feel like a male and i don't belong in the female body

• then yes you're what's known as a transgender if you feel like you were born in the wrong body and not just think that because you open doors and offer your jacket to female friends and family.

Most Helpful Girl

• Here are some questions you can ask yourself to help with figuring out your gender identity;

- Do you think the gender you were assigned restricts the way you live or the things that you do? What about the clothes you wear?

- Was the gender assigned to you the one you feel most comfortable with?

- What is gender? What makes a woman a woman or a man a man?

- Do you feel forced to act in certain ways because of your gender?

Good luck.

• - Do you think the gender you were assigned restricts the way you live or the things that you do? What about the clothes you wear?

Yes i do think the gender assigned to me restricts me, i feel that i can do a whole lot more if i were male, i feel more comfortable in jeans, a tshirt and a hoody than i do in dresses and skirts and things like that

I am not comfortable being a girl, i've thought many a times about getting a sex change since i was 6 years old or magically becominng a boy lol

That i'm not too sure about at the moment

Yes i do

What Guys Said 8

• Hahaha, What?

Were you previously a man before being a girl? No? Then you're not transgender... xD

• DaFuq! ?

Well I'm short and when I'm around my tall ass homies I don't feel like I'm the girlfriend.

• It's not the height Difference, it's the fact that i feel like a guy and not a girl

• you are just tall and polite. nothing transgender about that.

• the doesn't mean anything, it just means that you are nicer than they are

• No dude you are metamorphing into a white knight

• That doesn't make you a transgender haha, you are fine, you can find a tall gut for yourself

• I've seen girls and guys open doors for people. I don't think that's gender specific. Being tall doesn't make you transgendered either.

You feeling like you're the boyfriend or gentleman may just be you feeling like you are masculine because of your height.

• It's about how you feel and not how other people feel about you or treat you.
    They could be doing that because you're tall.
    So, how do you feel?

• Well honestly, i've been feeling like one of the guys, you know letting other ladies through the door, i feel like i'm more of a guy with the guys than what i feel about myself as a girl, i feel more comfortable with guys than i do than the girls, i feel turned on more about the girls than the guys (could just be hormones playing a roll) but i'm more of the rough and tumble sporting girls who likes wrestling and things like that than i do with the girly girl things like barbie, hell even growing up i played more with my brothers Action Man and toy cars than i did with my own barbie and ken dolls

What Girls Said 5

• If you were born a girl your a girl just because you do chivalrous things doesn't mean you need to change whok you are. It's a motherly instict as well to take care of people especially if they're smaller.
    I am biased however because I don't think it's a good thing to be trans but I don't mind others beliefs

• Hahahhahaah, it's okay honey your're just overthinking it, it's nothing you're just polite and tall like the others said ^^

• Okay, your question and your comments are sort of talking about different things.

Your question makes it sound that you equate height with masculinity so that if you are tall then you must be a man (not true at all).

Your comments to other people's responses do sound like you could possibly be trans. I think it might be helpful for you to talk to a psychiatrist that specializes in gender dysphoria. They should be able to help you get to the root of how you feel and if you are in fact trans or not.

• That's not what being transgender is...

• If you were born a female then that's what you are.