How do you feel about being out at night alone?

I'm walking my dog in the park, pitch black.
If something was to happen no-one would hear. The park I'm in is huge and has loads of trees.

This sparked this question: how do you feel?
I actually feel fine, not an ounce of fear, surprisingly.

How about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on where I am. If It's an area I know well, it doesn't bother me. I live in a small rural town so I really don't have anything to worry about if I'm outside at night. However, one semester at my University I had a night class and always had to walk by myself at night to my car. I didn't like doing that.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• I absolutely hate walking around on my own in the dark. I'm constantly twitchy and looking back over my shoulder at everything :P It was like 5pm once but kinda dark but one of my friends had to walk me back to my house which is like a 15 minute walk from the bus stop on a main road anyway :P

• I feel fear and excitement. When I'm by myself, especially in the dark, I like to pretend I'm in a horror film. It makes the journey fun and filled with adventure for me.

• I love the night, I'm very used to it. I love to walk on the streets at night, it's very quiet. I love it.

• I'd drag my housemate if I were to walk outside at night. I hate walking alone at night.

But ironically, if I'm going camping, I have absolutely no problem with walking alone at night. I supposed its all to do with the area..

• It depends on where I go, if I go out at night. Downtown LA can be sketchy, so I only go with someone or others. If I need to run to the supermarket in my area, I'll go alone. I usually do things alone and it doesn't bother me.

• they've cleaned up download LA. although you'll encounter a few stray bums here and there.

• Maybe, I'd still feel more comfortable with others. :) Plus, Los Angeles traffic is never fun haha.

• If it's a park I know it wouldn't bother me. But if it was a park that I'm not familiar with, I'd have an issue with it.

• i hate it. even if i'm just walking a few blocks over, i'll facetime someone while walking so they'll know if anything happens to me lol.

• I'm ok with it. However I would rather watch tv with a glass of wine instead of freezing myself at night. There is really no need to go out at night.

• I'd be much less scared if I had Amber with me x)

• Around here it's fairly safe.

• I'm afraid of the dark so...

What Guys Said 5

• I love it. In fact I sometimes hope someone would try shit with me because for a while I've been aching for an excuse to get into a fight and break someone.

Is that weird? o_o

• I love being out at night, not an ounce of fear either.

• when I was younger I hated it a lot, even in front of our house because we live next to the forest. but now I don't care anymore.

• I get a little uneasy at night. City life is not for the faint of heart.

• i'm never scared in public.