Do you believe the black panthers are a hate group? just like the KKK?

doing this to prove a point to another member of GAG

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• "I hate white people"

" Kill cracker babies"

https://youtu.be/hVcfymOvoUo

Clearly there is hate involved, but it is ignored because society claims "Black people can't be racist"...

• PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: The people in this 1 minute and 20 second video are the official representatives for the Black Panther Party despite the more common mission they promote. -_-

• Classic denial. ^^

• i get she has her own opinions but she has made her point and she never shuts up.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think they're similar. The Black Panthers are about bringing black people to the same status as white people, about showing that black people are equal to everyone else and deserve to be treated as such. The KKK is about bringing black people down to below white people, and getting rid of them. The Black Panthers comes to support people, whilst the KKK comes to tear them down.

What Guys Said 14

• Until the Black Panthers start committing acts of terrorism and killing innocent people in the name of some genocidal agenda, I don't think they're anything like the KKK.

• I agree completely.
      It would appear that the poll reflects a pathetically amount of disinformed individuals who possess low quality knowledge.

• They have openly admitted to killing white people in the days of the civil rights movement, they're as much a terrorist organization as the KKK is.

• No. They originally formed to FIGHT racism against minorities, especially blacks. And while they now may be considered racist against whites, I don't recall them ever lynching white people or burning down white homes and churches.

• upload.wikimedia.org/.../...eter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

This famous photo was taken and both olympians were effectively banned from thr games when they did this act of protest against racism

• first i really love that photo. and i believe they have good intentions but like every group, they have their radicals.

• There are some radical black Panther groups however that did endorsed violence as an act of protest. However, not all of them are like that. It really depends on the individual who view their cause and what they may deem as right or just.

• the black panthers were people who were against racism. they stood up for the black people and i respect that a lot. fuck racism

• they where the ones who defended black people from the KKK

• just because they are black don't mean that they are not racists

• Just because a majority/minority of people think a certain way, doesn't prove a point?

• While they are not nearly at the same level as the KKK, it would be hard to seriously deny their status as a hate group, although what they believe and have done has varied much over the years. Members have called for the murder of police, the murder of white people (on more than one occasion in recent history), and by 1989, they had murdered 15 police officers (reportedly, they have not murdered anyone since).

There's still a huge gulf between what they and the KKK have done, but they aren't an ethical organization like a civil rights movement. They have made hate speech, plain and simple.

• Do the Black Panthers burn crosses in your front garden and do they burn white churches and do they lynch/hang whites?

• The original black panthers were not though the black panthers we are familiar with are considered terrorists by many.

• They are a hate group but not on par with the KKK.

• At this point in time, absolutely.

• So when was the last time you heard about Black Panthers breaking into the homes of white people in the middle of the night and violently raping the mothers and daughters? I don't recall ever seeing a group of cheerful, delighted Black Panthers at a BBQ standing in front of bare naked, beaten, lynched white bodies...

• It doesn't change the facts. The Black Panther Party has never committed themselves to the disgusting, atrocious, hateful extremes that the KKK has. There is no comparison. The Black Panther Party is not responsible for hate crimes nor do they shit all over and condescend every single group who is not like them.

• Do you not get the concept of "at this point"? It seems to be escaping you.
      I'm not going back 50 years ago.

Right now, they have the louder voice and they spew violent rhetoric. However you personally feel about them is irrelevant. If they do that, they are a hate group. End of story.
      If we were debating who has been worse in it's entirety, I'd agree with you. We're not doing that. You're just burying your head in sand if you don't think the Black Panthers are a hate group.

• I don't think so. I think it was a defensive group more so than offensive. KKK members would go and kill blacks. The panthers from what I've read only attack if they are.

• They protected blacks from people like the KKK and corrupt police.

• No they don't do hate crimes

What Girls Said 2

• Unless The Black Panthers start organizing kidnappings, executions, rapes, and degrading every single other ethnic group that is not African American such as the KKK, no they are not like the KKK. The concept that the Black Panther Party and the KKK are synonymous is embarrassingly uneducated, highly misinformed, and suggests and extreme lack of intelligence and proper knowledge of history.

I believe that people who slander The Black Panthers are no different from the people who used to slander and vilify Native Americans after they had met their limit of being oppressed, denied equal rights, and made a counterattack.

• i believe that they are a group that has good intentions but the radicals make the whole group look bad just like the feminist group. Its the same with every social group they have radicals like everybody else.

• @ginnyweasley The notifications were less for you and more to broadcast your very hypocritical nature on this post :) Upvoting all those who contradicted your original viewpoint and retracting your embarrassingly uneducated idea. Hmmmm... very interesting.

• dont get too excited i upvoted everybody but you because you won't stop talking. Yes you made your point move along.

• No. The black panthers are not a hate group.