What's the hottest food you can eat?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've developed quite a liking to spicy foods after I started eating sushi on the regular one semester about a year ago. Onions and garlic aren't really spicy... I have eaten jalapenos a few times, thinking why not? A few tears were shed but hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :P
    I sprinkle cajun on basically whatever I eat for lunch/dinner or it tastes a bit bland. I put wasabi in my soy sauce when I have sushi so for the poll, I guess an 'all of the above' option would be needed!

Most Helpful Guy

• cayenne pepper... actually da mustard i use has cayenne pepper within...

generally i like spicy contiments.. i use spicy mustard/ketcup on meat related food pretty often... :)

What Girls Said 7

• I can eat all of those :P I eat madras on a pretty regular basis and I'd say that was pretty hot.

• I sadly cannot eat spicy/hot foods. I try to put wasabi on sushi, because it tastes good, but only a very very little bit. I can sometimes tolerate onions and garlic.

• I'm not great with spicy foods despite being Jamaican. All I can take is onion.

• All of the above. I love spicy food! 😎

• i like jalepenos

wasabi is just zingy

• I have eaten all of those. I like spicy foods in general, so long as they add flavor to the food and not just heat. I do not want something so hot that it is not enjoyable or masks the flavor of the food. If it both enhances the flavor and adds a bit of heat, that is ideal.

• i enjoy all of those except horseradish. it's more bitter than spicy to me.
    i love spicy food in general as long as it doesn't overpower the other flavors of a dish.
    it's a shame that growing up i didn't eat a lot of spicy food though as my mom can't even stand black pepper.

What Guys Said 7

• A Jalapeño is 3500-10000 Scoville units (spiciness scale)
    I've had a sauce that was 110,000 Scoville units

Hottest thing I've ever had. It was so hot that my eyes burned even though I didn't touch them. And the effect/pain lasted for about 30 minutes.

• 0|1
    • Right, I think Siling labuyo and Wasabi are among the hottest of all spices.

• I have eaten a lot hotter than your list, but I will mark the Cayenne since it's the hottest. I have eating Habanero, and Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce before. I really want to eat the Bhut Jolakia, and the Carolina Reaper. They are among the hottest peppers in the World so far which means that it did be fun to try it even though I might regret it. :D.

• what´s the hottest out of those? xD i know i can eat all of them but i´m not sure if cayenne or tabasco peppers are hotter.

• my mom brought me sushi yesterday filled with wasabi i had no idea and took a huge bite out of it...
    i swear my eyes were bleeding (not literally)

• I can handle onions and garlic

• meh... all your choices are for beginners,,,