Do you feel like God had blessed you?

If so, why do you think that you are blessed when there are children dying of starvation and people being tortured and murdered. Somewhere in the world right now a baby is dying a painful death; what makes you so special?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well either...
    1: god thinks I'm special
    2:god doesn't give a fuck and just observes things without interfering
    3:god doesn't exist

I'm more inclined to believe 2 or 3

Also worth noting is that while it's true that there are people less fortunate than me, there are also people who are more blessed which begs the question... what makes THEM so special?

I just hate being guilt tripped. Like just because there are people who have a worse life means that I'm an ass if I'm not 100% happy with mine

Most Helpful Girl

• Putting this on anon just because I don't want people to know this but no. Absolutely not. I was molested by my own father up until the age of 11 when I stopped it. I didn't even know it was wrong until I was 9, almost 10. And from then on, I prayed every night for it to stop. Every. Fucking. Night. And it never did, until I had to gain the maturity level of someone 3x my age and stop it myself. Ever since then, I haven't had an easy life. I was put in foster care he got acquitted, I got pregnant and miscarried, my boyfriend cheated on me, etc etc. So no, your "God" hasn't done shit for me.

And I swear if you give me any crap about how He only "gives us what we can handle" then I will personally punch you in the nuts (or boobs if you a chick) because your "God" expects way too much of 10 year old girls.

• I don't believe that there is a god. If there were why would he let such things happen. Sorry for your tragedy.

• I'm so sorry what you had to go through. :/
      Just a word of advice if you have a profile pic up or other kind of personal info. The admins on this site can see who's behind anon.

What Guys Said 19

• I believe the positive energy surrounding my existence
    happen to be especially magnificent.

And it is so, that I may aid, and lead my kin
    towards the final realization.

I am all there is, ever was, and ever will be
    I am they, and they are me, we are one.

• If I believe that I have been blessed by an entity, then I would have to believe that ehy have been cursed by that entity. Not very loving. is it?

• I'm white, male, heterosexual, was born in the United States at a fairly stable point in our history... that's like winning the lottery four times in a row! I guess you could say I'm pretty blessed.

• every day i wake up and every night i sleep in a bed, i feel blessed
    i dont know what makes me special
    i would like to hope that, there is some sort of grand design master plan
    sadly, there is, but i dont think its part of gods will, or rather, it is gods will, i just dont know why he would allow those things to happen

i guess all the good in the world needs to be balanced by the evil

• That is one of the reasons I lost my faith but I kinda admire people who can look past that and still have faith.

• Me too, I wish I could have faith. Its an easier life, I Just Can't Ignore the evil in the world.

• Sorry, but you are misconstruing the idea of being "blessed" by God. This argument that "some baby is dying a painful death; what makes you so special" argument is the atheist/agnostic equivalent of the Christian "IF you have no God, why do you have morals" argument. No one ever said the world was going to all perfect and happy. Its a tough world and some people clearly have been blessed more than others, then again it would depend on your meaning of "blessed".

• My meaning of blessed is not being born into a life of pain and then dying shortly after.

• Because who else deserves the praise? Like, if I worked my ass off to achieve something, obviously god is the one to thank.

• Yeah I don't believe in the whole god thing, sorry. I kind of wish I did; then I could just ignore all this difficult science and learning crap and just chill knowing God has my back.

• Yeah, that would be a comforting idea.

• That's a very good question yes I feel I am TOO Blessed did u see the Syrian kid that died are u referring to him?

• Nothing the world is a sad unfair place.

• I refuse to believe in God as long as theirs people suffering in the world. If there was really a God why not do something about it?

• Some people say that he just created man and decided to stay out of it so that we can make our own decisions. If that's the case, he's a jerk anyway.

• That just sounds like another convenient excuse for God not being real.

• God bless us everyday but many choose to ignore that blessing he gives

"We know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in the evil one."

• So every single human being is blessed everyday, is that what your saying?
      Because there's a little girl getting gang raped somewhere in the world right now, her remains may never be found. Where is her blessing, did she miss it?

• And what about those who raped her? I am not saying we are immune to the evil of others.

• I do feel like God has blessed me.

Bit you know what, the Bible says good and bad will rain on EVERYBODY. You can't change it. Life is unfair.

• Well I am blessed because of where I happened to be born. But no I do not think I am some how blessed any more than the dying baby.

• Nope, I do not believe in any god.

If anything, I believe I am god.

• Yes, sure.

• Yes. I have an Aunt that is a Nun. (she's no longer with us) She told me she prayed me into this world.
    As tragic as a baby is dying a painful death is the majority of us are somewhat healthy & work hard for what we have.

• Anything could sound bad if you keep shuffling words around like that haha.

I'm not Christian or anything like that, but if you could ask the charitable people figures in society like Mother Theresa or Martin Luther King, they would tell you that a single person can move large groups of people and make huge changes, but their actions were nothing if they didn't have the support of others.

No one person can move mountains. We are humans, social creatures. We accomplish things when we mass together to solve issues. Millions of people are involved in charity work, millions still donate, etc.

Pointing at a single person and asking them to save the world is incredibly ignorant, especially when I'll make the assumption that your negativity has made you have the mindset that everyone is worthless and especially when you probably aren't one to talk either.

The lady who works at the soup kitchen is special to the people she feeds. The billionaire is special to the organizations he drops millions into. I was special to the greatest kids from Peru a few years ago who I built a home for. I never received recognition for it, and it didn't solve a global issue, but I made a connection with someone else, another human being. That is what I feel like what people mean when they say they feel blessed - that they could interact and share their life with someone else and have an affect on them on such a scale. They see life as a beautiful gift, and they are happy that God gave it to them.

You are essentially special to those you connect to. No one is special on a global scale except for a select few, but humanity is just a web of connections and interconnections where people are judged, loved, and hated by those who they interact with. How you set an impression on one person will branch out to others.

If everyone was as defeated and cynical as you, we would be in a more sorry state than the one you see ourselves in now. Bad things happen in the world, that is part of life. We wouldn't know good if there wasn't any bad, that's just a harsh fact.

Atheists keep bringing this topic up as if they don't know that Christians also believe in free will. God doesn't interfere with life, including genetics, people's intentions, etc. Geez, I'm agnostic, and I only read Genesis. Its just right at the beginning xD

• If God created man and then just decided to not interfere with life, then he's not worth worshiping anyway.

• If that is all you could come up with from that...

If an entity created life as we know it, you could be damn sure there will be droves of people willing to be thankful for it. Its up to you if you want to worship something like that. If he interfered in life, then we wouldn't be living, now would we? We would be obeying commands akin to how you're using your computer right now. No thoughts, no dreams, just responding to external input.

• It's a bit sad that people that criticize religion on this site need to post anonymously so they can avoid harassment from all the zealots that lurk here.

What Girls Said 6

• Disgruntled atheist

• Bitter Christian

• I don't care about your religion, if you call someone a disgruntled atheist, Dont expect to be met with understanding. Its simple, negativity breeds negativity. Have a nice day.

• Your responses and question suit the description

• Nothing happens for a reason and there is no God in the sky blessing some and torturing others.

• I don't know, I just feel blessed because I am blessed

I almost got hit by car a few times but God saved me, you know?
    That was a blessing.

I have nose, arms, legs, etc... these are blessings too.

• I am blessed. He blesses me daily. I'm alive & healthy. Sorry hun He doesn't have those children starve, or murdered... It's the people of this world who murder. He is not of this world... Satan is.

• So why doesn't he bless them as he has blessed you?

• Yes we sin everyday

• Like I said, God is not of this world. Satan is.

• God is my favorite fictional character

• I'm not religious, but I do feel very blessed to have what I have and be where I'm at.

• Maybe your just lucky