Are you more of a Automatic driver or Manual driver?

And which is better four cylinders six cylinders or eight cylinders?

Most Helpful Girl

• I drive automatic but I've always wanted to learn to drive a manual. And I've driven a 4,6 and 8 cylinder personally I love driving the 8 cylinder truck but the gas is a bit** lol

• lol I love atuomatics, I like v4s better because saves gas but v8 has more power

• Thanks for MHG is that what its called now lol and I know I would love the new Dodge Hellcat

• Hellcat comes in automatic and is actually faster with the automatic. Though it is overkill for driving daily and may start having over heating problems in traffic given the engine specs.

Most Helpful Guy

• A V6 manual sounds good to me.

• I like the muscle cars too but i can only drive a automatic

• Thanks for MGH
      Is that what they call it now lol?

• Lol fuck whoever downvoted me, you just hating cuz you can't drive a manual puss XD

What Girls Said 5

• I only drive automatic vehicles. I would love to learn how to drive a manual though.

• You seem like you'd already know how to drive a manual.

• Hope you get another crack at it soon, best of luck!

• @jwhit Lol yeah. Thank you! :)

• I am a manual driver but brought a semi automatic car, my other car is a manual. Six cylinders is ideal. Four cyclinders won't pack a punch and an eight cyclinder is just too much (especially on gas) 😐

• Americans tend to like v8s though since gas is cheaper $2.10 per gallon here

• Yes! Exactly! Dodgy isn't it? That's getting tricked by a business.

• Yeah, but ford owned mercury like gm owns holden and chevy

• Manual only for me.

• I know how to drive both, learnt how to drive usual manual however my car right now is automatic

• Learned manual, so I could drive both auto and manual. Used to drive auto, switched to manual now.

• gee a lot of people like manual better lol

• I only drove autos so lol. I like a middle shift better than a dashboard shift though

• Ah cool. I drive whichever car I have so I'm fine with both.

What Guys Said 20

• Right now a V8 automatic. They don't make sticks in that type of car.
    I don't know why anybody likes that automatic paddle shifter. Be a man get a stick.
    My next car will be a stick. I'm leaning towards a V8 BUT may consider a turbo V6.

• why does everyone hate automatics?

• A true driving experience with a sporty car is felt with a stick. Rear wheel drive too. Don't even get me started on FWD cars.

• I HATE manual transmissions. I'm not a real "car guy", so I don't get any thrill from shifting or whatever the benefit or enjoyment is. I just forget I'm driving a stick altogether, pull up to stop lights in 4th or 5th gear and then stall when it turns green, and everyone behind me hates me and is honking at me😂 I just want to set it to "drive" and forget it. I always forget to shift and I don't notice the car is struggling, etc, I'm a mess. I drive like a geek anyway, I always go the speed limit, haha.

• Terrible to say I learned how to drive a manual car about 30 years ago but never did anything with it so I have probably clean forgotten how to drive by now.

• You're not driving if your car is an automatic, you're along for the ride. Best overall motor would be twin turbo straight 6, but single turbo 4 2.0L is what I drive and will mod to an insane level before I get another car for my daily.

• I meant in shifting,

• yeah but you still control the gas and wheel

• You've got go, stop, and turn; don't confuse that with control of speed and engine. You're basically driving a several thousand dollar go kart.

• I can drive both, but I prefer automatic. The novelty of using a stick wears off after awhile. I'm biased because southern Californian traffic can be quite dreadful at certain spots at certain times.

• I have no idea how to drive stick. I've always had automatic. Honestly I see no reason to learn manual. It seems like more work for not a big payoff. I'm not a car guy so this is probably blasphemy to some.

• You don't even think about it once you learn, it becomes second nature after a while.

• You feel more connected to the car because you have more control and knowing how to drive something most don't know how lol. I'm no car guy either lol

• @jwhit that makes sense. Hey I may give it a try.

• I drive a manual. I generally prefer automatics as there tends to be less wear and tear on the transmission.

As for 4 or 6 cylinders, this really depends on the car.

• I'm lazy, I drive an automatic.

• I drive manual and i always will

• V8 manual is the only way to go. Could live a 6 cyl but 4s are lame. All my vehicles are stick shift, most are V8 as well.

• Both actually

• Automatic. Stick shift is too distracting.

• I drive manual cars and only manual cars. Automatics look and feel horrible.

• manual, automatic is for the weak

eight cylinders will give the most power but it will also take more fuel in causing low mpg

• I use both, prefer auto now. A good OHC 4 cylinder is OK. Drove 6 cyl too.

• You'd think that manual would be a road hazard since it's distracting.

• Automatic 6-cylinder 2-door coupe with 345 horsepower.

• I can drive either, so long as I get to keep my basketball in it I'm good lol

• For the first 15 years of driving all my cars were manual. My current car is my first automatic. While the automatic is way easier specially in heavy traffic, I do miss the stick and clutch. I'll probably go back to stick in my next car.

• I drive mostly (99%) manual and 4. cyl. engine (in small car, there is no need for more :P). Best is atmo/compressor V8, I think, or I6, or H4 turbo/I4 turbo. I dislike automatic tranny, it reduces power effect of the car, except the DSG.