Would you ever get back together with someone who was expecting you to change into a different person?

I'm very religous and my boyfriend (ex now) isn't. He's a very sexual person but I'm commited to my faith so there was no sexual activity at all during our relationship (we dated for almost a year). He gave up trying to have sex with me and I assumed that meant he was trying to be more religious as well. but he told me he "doesn't have time" to practise religion and one day I got very upset and said that "if he's not going to change then I don't see the point in sticking around or waiting for him"... there were many problems in our relationship like any relationship but us being two different people was a big factor in our break up.

Do you think he'll ever want to pursue me again?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You can't expect people to believe in something for you.

What Guys Said 1

• No, he won't. Religion is just one of those things you just have to naturally fit into. You expecting him to change in that regard is really not a reasonable expectation. Doesn't sound like you guys got on all that well, so why stress on it?

• You have to naturally be indoctrinated to at a young age and have your mind bent around the system. I agree with what you're saying I'm just correcting syntax of it.

What Girls Said 5

• Probably not but it might work. The president of World Vision in America was formerly an atheist who dated a very religious christian girl for 2 years and dumped her for not renouncing her faith in God. A couple of years later, he became a Christian as well and the two of them started dating again.

• No I wouldn't get back with someone who wanted me to be someone that I was not. I don't think he will pursue you again. Most likely not because he probably wants someone who wants him for him and not what they want to mold him into.

• I don't think so, and even if he did try, you are just too different. It won't work.

• If you really love / like someone you shouldn't just leave them for their religion. You can't push someone to believe in something they don't think is right.

• What I dont understand is why you would want to pursue him... If you would change who he is.