What is your favorite book? and why?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• My favourite book is the Raven Boys (it's the first book in a series called the Raven Cycle). It's about this group of teenagers involved in a world of superstition and psychics who want to wake up a long dead and buried Welsh king named Glendower, who grants a wish to whoever wakes him. I find that the plot is a little slow-paced, but it's worth it because in that time you focus on the characters and their development instead, and the characters are really what make the book.

It's got romance in it and when I picked it up and read this romance at the beginning, I just rolled my eyes and expected another YA chick flick thing but it turns that on it's head and creates something that doesn't take up the whole plot, and it's a relationship you can't help but get really invested in.

It also deals with things such as loss of family, sexuality and differences between class.

I highly recommend it :)

What Guys Said 5

• I have always loved "Tortilla Flat" by John Steinbeck - It is a very thin book with the bare bones of a collection of stories about a group of men, there is very little character development but it is the most multi layered novel I've ever read. It is like Steinbeck gets into your subconcious and tells you to fill the gaps in each character by the end of the book you are one of the group and you know each character intimately. You find yourself thinking about where are you going to get a dollar for the next gallon of wine.

• I have to say metro 2033 because it's about a post apocalyptic Russia and I love it because the tone is dark and realistic the nazi's are still "purifying" everything and people are still raping/killing/stealing and from each other instead of trying to live peacefully inside a metro system and fight against mutated creatures, It's worth a pick up I got it after I played the games and the book is way more in depth but the games are still interesting/fun lol

• I'm not into books but i can say Angelfall by Susan Ee and i look forward to get the other books too. It has well made characters and a lot of action.

Clive Barker's Sacrament was also good !

• Guinness Book Of Records, because there are tons of interesting records in it ;)

• Some Kind of Monster by Metallica. You'd have to read it to understand why

What Girls Said 4

• My all time favorite one is death on the orient express by agatha christie. But i like all of her poirot stories!

• Watership down. Not really sure why.

• A Thousand Splendid Suns. Khaled Hooseini is an amazing author and has you guessing at every page turn. It is impossible not to be engaged in this book, and to feel like you are there with the characters. I could go on forever, but you get the idea.

• The truth about forever. It's a good read.