Why do people believe girls and guys can be "just friends"?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because some people have friends with the opposite gender including me. I don't feel attracted to my friends and neither are they towards me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because for some people it's actually not so hard. I've had a girl as friend for the past 12 years now. She's one of my very best friends. I've went through high school with her and we went travelling together several times. We even slept in the same, two-person tent for a month and in the same bed a few nights. We have never been attracted to each other and we've never done anything that would exceed pure friendship (also no flirting). I sometimes go out with her and only come back home at 3 or 4 in the morning and my girlfriend doesn't mind because she knows that there's nothing happening there. I just don't like my female friend "like that". And she doesn't like me like that either. We're just best friends. In fact, now that we've been best friends for so long, I wouldn't act on a sexual desire or emotional crush even if I had it because I would be too scared to sacrifice our friendship (and possibly my relationship with my girlfriend) with that.

• Seems to be you're delusional

• Why would you say such a dumb thing? You don't even know me. Just because you have to stick your dick into any woman that crosses your way doesn't mean everyone else is like that too.

What Girls Said 2

• Because they can? Lol. Why do you believe they can't?

• I have plenty of guy friends. I am not interested in any of them, and they aren't interested in me.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it can happen - I think the stories of one sided unrequited attraction catch attention while the thousands of platonic friendships go by unnoticed.

• It happens. I believe a little flirting often occurs while a guy and a girl are "just friends".