Good virus protection BESIDES Norton and McAfee?

Okay so I currently hate McAfee. My Norton subscription is over and I can't afford a new one for the time being but until then I need new ideas cause McAfee won't do.

It's just an annoying file that's pissing me off. So until I can get a new virus protection, which will be in about a week so until then annoying ass McAfee will have to suffice, I need new ideas. Norton was pretty good for the cost that lasted a year so if Norton is the best then I'll do it.

I have a Windows computer if that helps and I pay a LOT of games, so yeah.

Most Helpful Girl

• i've always been using Avast

Most Helpful Guy

• Get AVG free. I'm using it for 5 years. No virus in my computer. Once I used Avast and it trashed my PC. Win32: Sality infected all or my exe files. And it detected them AFTER it infected and if failed to heal/remove them. It also doesn't automatically scan USB drives (where that virus came from) but AVG does and it removed that virus. It also offers basic internet security for free too :)

Good luck!

What Girls Said 3

• AVG Free or Avast, both have free versions which are pretty good. I've used both on several devices and computers and they both seem to work pretty great :)

PS. I always found Norton to mess up my computer same with McAfee... not sure why.

• Avast. The free version works quite well.

• Avast and MalwareBytes are the two i use.

What Guys Said 9

• I like Malwarebytes. The free version removed some of the viruses I had that McAfee didn't even detect. Eventually I removed McAfee and bought a subscription to Malwarebytes. I've been virus free for a while but then I only use non-admin accounts for online work.

• AVG Free.

For anti-spyware, get SuperAntiSpyware & MalwareBytes (It's a 14 day trial so uninstall and reinstall if ur trial expires ).

• firstt of all, good luck getting rid of mcAfee. it's now so deeply rooted it's almost impossible to kill.

Try avast or AvG. I personaly use avast all over.

• AVG free is installed on all my computers. I even run it on my Android smart phone. Best anti virus I've ever used.

• I have Norton on some computers, AVG Free on others.
    Norton didn't stop ransomware.

• 360 Total Security Essentials + Super Anti-Spyware + MalwareBytes = all are free.

Don't get 360 Total Security, get Essentials version. Full version is loaded with useless features.

• I heard good things about Avast and NOD32 and AVG but that might have been years ago.

• Avast. For me it's the best antivirus I had so far. Even for a free version it does a pretty good job.

• Malwarebytes man. Best in the market!