Why is it so hard for people to just see the 'Person', rather than obsess over their colour, creed or religion?

Most Helpful Girl

• people are too judgmental. its sad. but its also about what we are attracted too, i guess. even if its just a freindship, its hard to want to be around someone and let them in if you think they are "too different" or whatever.

• I always think their is an ingrained segregation in minds for a lot of people. With many feeling belonging only to their 'own', rather than acceptance of all. I felt this growing up in a very ethnically pure of Ireland as well as being schooled for two years in South Africa, and rebelled against the habitual bigotry.

Now i am a staunch humanist

• enjoyr ur shower :) and work :)

• How could i not enjoy both after being in the company of one as amazing as you :)

What Girls Said 6

• Media, media... and cultural brainwashing. I'm about to read a book called 'The miseducation of the negro.' One of the chapters exams why black and beautiful remains a contradiction. Who thinks of this? People who are lighter in skin color have generally been seen as thinking they are more superior to those who are darker. Where does THIS come from? Quite frankly, I think years of accepting a certain thought results in the engrainment of lies. It is up to individuals to do their research and decide whether truth or holding onto a convenient lie is more meaningful to them...

• Because race, creed, and religion are all important parts of a person. You shouldn't have to ignore these things to see our humanity.

• I think they all are irrelevant

' God created man/woman, then they created religion/nation in the name of power'

• I think that is very disrespectful. My history, heritage, and culture are essential to who I am as a human.

• And i empathise with this, but it doesn't mean it separates you from the person next to you. Sure yopu might have differences, but there is a overwhelming sameness that few ever embrace.

Anyway, i need to go to work. So, I will agree to disagree with you and thank you for the convo :)

Peace to you :)

• I don't get it either. Sometimes I think it's racism thing or a weird fetishization, but either way it's sad. Like there are a ton of great people of every kind out there why make yourself miss out?

• Because it's easier to judge them based on these things. For some people these things are really important.
    It's sad, but that's how things work.
    But I have to say that the world would be a better place if things were not this way.

• Stereotypes associated with every group on the planet

• People aren't able to see past people's imperfections (whomever is perceiving whomever.) This causes rifts in opinions and what you term 'obsessions.'

What Guys Said 1

• Many people do see past that... but there are many that don't. Why? Because often they are not deep enough thinkers to take a breath and look. That takes work and many people are lazy. They prefer to just 'see' rather than 'look.' It is a pity.