What smartphone should I get?

Hey guys,
so my phone's (LG G3) decided to die on me and I'm tired of it rebooting on me 24/7. So I'm thinking of buying a new phone. But I don't know what one to get. I really like LG phones and wanted to get the G4 but their batteries suck. So I'm considering an Apple or Samsung but not too sure :\

What do you guys suggest? Can you please state why you think the phone is good too?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for an iPhone!!

What Guys Said 21

• First thing I would look at for a cell phone, is the OS. You have a droid and are invested in Android, so I would keep Android.

Second, these phones are getting more and more the same, so the actual spec differences are minimal, especially in software. Any Android will get 98% the same apps if it is the same version.

Focus on hardware differences, (front/rear camera specs, front/rear camera lens sizes, screen size and resolution, infared blaster, MiFi, MiraCast, S-Beam, etc).

Especially BATTERY LIFE! I would stress this is the most important factor of all.

• OnePlus One 64GB for $299 off contract. You have to be on TMobile or AT&T though.

OnePlus Two would take too long to actually get with the invite system having almost 5 million requests so far.

If you aren't on Tmo or ATT, I guess you could get a Samsung, but I think the LG G4 would be good.

• I will recommend Sony Ericsson (andriod) they have amazing smartphones i love their screen touch.
    img1.lesnumeriques.com/.../...-z3-dos-couleurs.jpg

but if you are choosing between Samsung and Apple i will recommend Samsung Galaxy A5 or A7, Samsung have more apps available free of charge.

cdn.shopify.com/.../...-4419-940d-9be0f2221026.jpg

• Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or 5 (I have the Note 4). Excellent phones with excellent specs with excellent battery lives. Look them up on Phone Arena, or something. Also, I believe they don't emit as much radiation either, so they're quite good health-wise too.

• Yeah I wanna stick with Android, and I like the Note 4. My sister has the Note 3. So that's on the list. But my sister is telling me to go for the iPhone 6

• lol the Note 4 or 5 is much better specs-wise than the iPhone 6. Besides, you're an Android user, so even if all else was equal, you should still go for the Note as opposed to the iPhone 6.

Just posted this from my Note 4. ;)

• Hmm your note 4 yeah lol, are you trying to sway me towards a note 4? Lol honestly I really don't want to buy an iPhone. I'm thinking of either getting the Note 4 or buying the iPhone 6 and giving it to my sister. Basically swapping phones with her. Since I did read the specs of Note 3 vs Note 4 and many people said there's not much difference so to stick with Note 3

• I have the Galaxy S5 from Samsung. It has served me well thus far... though I do miss the simplicity of a flip-phone...

• I have a G2 myself, but yeah samsung, Lg, HTC they all make good phones. Buy what you really want. Iphones are expensive, but some people love the OS on them, and that's what they are comfortable with. Hardware wise, droids are more bang for the buck.

• I like Androids better. LG has good features but crap batteries

• depends on the apps too, many apps run in the backround and drain the battery life. I've had good bad battery life on mine, some of the games do drain it a bit, but its nice having them on there in case im bored or waiting in line lol.

• Its a software issue not battery :\

• i love my iphone 6, its simple and easy to use...
    i am not too techy but i think you can't go wrong with an iphone

• I have the g4. The battery isn't that bad since it does support 2.0 charging and you can swap batteries when it is running low.

• I took mine to the store today and the guy there said if it is rebooting continuously then it is a software issue. Right now its stuck on a firmware update and doesn't move above 0%

• I suggest iphone , it's quality is very good and it's sturdy and i have 6 plus and it's battery is VERY good for heavy usage

But at first an iphone would be strange to deal with as u need to know to use itunes but overall , the quality is well worth it's price

• I have a Macbook and iPad so I'm well versed with iTunes :)

• Well i dunno about the LG , here in my country it's all either iphone , samsung or sony , is it a good phone?

• Yep but there is something wrong with their softwares.

• It depends what you want out of your phone. Is it the memory, camera, long battery life or good interface? Start off with these questions then see how much you want to spend on your phone and buy accordingly!

• Go for Windows Lumia 535. Or Huawai Honor 3c or better. for value for money
    Go for Motorolla or Samsang for features.

• I got a few questions to ask you before any suggestions. I'll message you them dog.

• Apple shows off their new smartphone tomorrow so I'd look at that and see if you like it or not. It won't be available to order for probably like a week and a half though.

• Nokia lumina, like its forefathers, it is indestructible and the battery life is astonishingly good :)

• I have the Samsung galaxy alpha and o love it

• Get the one that has touchscreen. (what my grandma would say)

• get the new I phone

• go for htc one m7 still best smarthpjon even in 2015 you will get it about 220 dollars on amazon

• get a smartphone thats not stupid. so dont get the iphone. thats for sure.

• Only reason to have a smartphone, is for the internet. You don't NEED a smartphone

• Samsung Note4. Big screen, loud speaker. There's probably a note5 now but I don't keep up. I have an S5. My only complaint is the low volume speaker.

What Girls Said 5

• The G4 atually has great reviews and also about the battery. A friend of mine has it and he is not disappointed.
    I recommend you not to do something from Apple. I think Apple is only good if you know nothing about phones, but otherwise, you can't change anything, specifications suck, most apps cost you money and ofcourse, Apple is extremely expensive.
    Other than that I could recommend you the Samsung Galaxy note 4, the Huawei honor 6 (or you wait till the honor 7 comes out), Sony xperia also often got good phones.
    I can give you a link of a German website if you want about the best phones of this moment.

• Sure thanks. But I live in the UK. Will it work?
      I know I agree with you. I love LG stuff. I had the G2 and now the G3 and I was looking forward to buying the G5 since it releases around March next year. But my G3 keeps dying on me, rebooting constantly, and whenever I plug in my earphones the volume automatically decreases to 0, and everytime I put it up it goes back down. I even had it repaired but it didn't do much good. I was reading reviews left by others and they are facing the same problems. And there were a lot of negative reviews regarding battery issues for the G4

• m.chip.de/bestenlisten/Handys/compact/id/900/
      Yes it works in every country but only in German. I clicked the best phone list for you but you can also range it on 'preis-leistung' which means best for an affordable price. If you click on the phone you can find a whole review about it. You have to google translate it then, but I really like this site.
      I have the LG G2 too right now and it's also dying on me, but I love the special LG features.
      I've also thought about the Oneplus One or two, but the One is already kinda outdated and the Oneplus Two doesn't have a SD-card slot, which is what I really missed with the LG G2. What I do like about the Oneplus series is it's IOS, because you can totally make it your own.
      So we're kinda in the same situation right now. I'm looking for a new phone for a while, but it's so hard. Luckily the market will bring out new phones soon.

• Same. I loved my G2 but I hated the fact that it had no memory card slot

• I'm getting the Apple 6. I like Apple better. I've been using Apple for 5 years now. I don't have the guts to switch over to a new phone company.

• Lol my battery only got sucky after i updated. It's getting better.

• i don't recommend apple

• iPhone. Always the iPhone