Anyone else addicted to sleeping pills?

If i haven't had something to drink, ill at least think i need sleping pills to sleep. I just use an over the counter sleep aid called doxylamine (brand names will vary, this is the name of the drug) but i take 2-3 times the recommeded dose, it's a first generation antihistimine that is the strongest over the counter sedative in Europe and the States.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was obsessed with Melatonin, but then my body got used to it so it doesn't work on me anymore. :/ I'm not allowed to have prescribed sleeping medication anymore...

• Melatonin is over the counter in most countries, very weak in my opinion

• Yeah, I know Melatonin is over the counter, but I'm not allowed to have any prescribed sleeping medication right now so sucks for me since I'm an insomniac.

• Take doxylamine or diphenhydramine, they are over the counter and will put you to sleep far more efficiently than melatonin

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't and have never used any drugs, so no.

• You haven't used paracetamol? aspirin? any form of cough mixture etc? they are all drugs, most in the same pharmaceutical class as the sleeping tablet i am addicted to.

• For medication, yes. But not due to addiction.

• I am just responding to "have never taken any drugs". It's still for medication as i use them to sleep , not for recreational use, but yes! it is also addiction.

What Girls Said 2

• I never tried a sleeping pill. My dad won't let me.
    :p

I think you should not take too many of it.

• I would if i could sleep soundly without them, but i am at the point where i crush them and snort them (it makes the bio availability 3x as much, so 3 times stronger for the same dose).

• That is a bad idea, i am on the strongest sleeping aid you can get without a prescription, a doctor would put me on a benzodiazepine drug, most likely diazapam or temazapam, if i get a addicted to that, it would be way worse.

• i was at one point.

• What was the active ingredient

What Guys Said 0