Do you ever feel addicted to the social sites you use?

Sometimes it feels like I'm using any site where I can get attention like a drug. I can't always get off the internet when I want to, and I lose hours this way.
Have you ever felt 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 to go on Facebook/Insta/GAG/Twitter/etc, or like you couldn't stop?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only social site I use is GaG. I've stopped going on Facebook because I've realized that it started making me very bitter and unhappy. And I don't use any other social site (Twitter, Instagram etc.) because I don't know how they work and because I consider myself a little too old for them. I also don't quite see the point of publishing your own little bullshit opinion in 140 letters or less to be read by the rest of the world. It seems to me like people have to have a very high opinion of themselves to actually do such a thing. At least here on GaG we can have actual conversations and discussions with each other.
    And yes, I do sometimes feel that way with GaG and I kind of hate it. I like GaG but I don't want to get addicted to it.

• If only more 25-35 year olds were like you. I've recently discovered that they are actually the most obnoxious age group on social media. Even teenagers don't beat them there. I have slowly been drifting away from social media for years. I used Facebook when it came out. But it's different now, and not in a good way.

• @RandomUsername3464: I'm sometimes shocked how so many people don't realize that Facebook and similar sites (but especially Facebook!) makes them really miserable. This whole site is so incredibly superficial. People desperately post status updates and photos to impress "friends" they don't truly care about. And on the other hand, they feel bitter about other people's status updates and photos. For example it always made me really, really sad to see that my Facebook friends were doing all kinds of awesome things... going to far away places on vacation and doing other crazy things. It made me extremely envious. And it made me forget that I actually had a lot of fun things going on in my life myself and that there was no reason to be envious. Then people get bitter and start stupid Facebook flamewars about completely irrelevant topics. Or I had one Facebook friend (a girl) who was publicly fighting out this huuuuge fight with her ex-girlfriend. I kept thinking "what if your employer ever

• reads this stuff? And I had other Facebook friends who were posting rather stupid photos of themselves partying or something like that. I also hated the fact that 98% of my Facebook friends weren't actual friends... and I'm pretty sure it's quite similar for everyone else (only that other people don't want to admit this to themselves because it's not easy to admit to yourself that you actually don't have as many friends as you wished you do). I had people from middle school as Facebook friends that I hadn't talked to in 10 years. So one day I sat down and I mercilessly deleted everyone that wasn't either a relative/family member or an actual, close friend. I was left with about 15-20 people (all my other friends had 300 or 400 Facebook "friends"). After I did this, I hardly ever went on Facebook because I didn't know what to post (everything seemed unimportant to me) and I was just meeting these few real friends in real life. So I quit. Facebook makes people act in a pathetic way...

Most Helpful Girl

• no i dont think so.

What Guys Said 5

• No i haven't.

• Yeah, I guess, but there's nothing else to fucking do.

• gag sometimes

• GaG seems to be the only media source that gets me being active a lot, but well I can raise my English grades just by doing so

• Not really anymore. It's more of a habit then something I'm forced to do.

What Girls Said 2

• Eh GaG I guess, but only because I'm bored and have nothing else to do. I'm addicted to SnapChat when I actually have a social life, but besides that, nothing else.

• Tbh i socialize more on social media then i do in public...