How do you feel about this quote?

"It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you"

• Wow, thats so sweet
  • What? That's crazy talk, no one could mean that
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Fault in our stars, quite a sad book but very good.

It's a deep statement, and understanding it I agree with it.

• Do you think he meant that even if it's gonna break his heart if she died he can handle it because he wants to be with her that bad? I took it that way, and not to mean that she would intentionally break his heart.

• Actually it's the opposite of what you've said.

But what he meant was more along the lines of even if you break my heart it would still be worth being with you and I'd still do it anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• fault in our stars =]

it's a very... dense statement to make. you could take it from multiple angles.

What Guys Said 6

• it might seem sweet, but it is really stupid. Who wants to waste your time or have their's wasted for no good reason?

• How do I feel about that quote? Well for one, that guy is a total pussy. And two: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

• It makes me want to beat the person who first said it with a sack of bricks.

• Wait a second, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this.

If it's a privilege to have my heart broken by you, that means I'm glad to see you go?

• I see pain as a lesson so the way I would naturally see this quote is that the person who is gonna heartbreak you is gonna give you a lesson that changes you, when you like someone you keep thinking about that someone and so the lesson feels like a wound in your heart. Something you won't forget easily.
    That's how I'dd combine it with a experience I had

• If a girl said that to me, I would take it as a compliment, and I always like compliments.

What Girls Said 6

• Anything that gets broken hurts and offers a painful experience.

My interpretation of this quotes allows me to see that this person is putting another on a pedestal.

Although heart break is a awful thing to experience, this person devalues themselves so much that they are willing to let another person stab a knife through their heart.
    This person appears so "great" but that is very different from actually being great.

I disagree with the quote.
    I wouldn't allow myself to be hurt.
    It's never a pleasure to experience pain.

• Ugh, no. I don't like it. It's like glorifying heartbreak. There's nothing good about heartbreak.

• Ridiculous.

• Cheesy, stupid attempt to sound romantic

• Someone with low self esteem said that

• That's just dumb.