Christians: Share your favorite Bible Verse?

1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

I love how there is so much truth in here about how love is supposed to be buy sadly not always is. This represents true love :)

I invite all christians to share one they like even if its already been shared :)
@BelleGirl21 @justbanannaz @CHARismatic110 I would like to hear your alls as well :)

Most Helpful Girl

• i love this:

The Thorn in the Flesh [NKJV]

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
    <3

Most Helpful Guy

• That is one of my favorites as well.

Ephesians 4:2
    Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Proverbs 1:8
    Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
    “We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.”

Are some of my favorites.

What Girls Said 5

• So interesting. I thought of 1st Corinthians too. Chapter 13. Except I read King James version so the meaning is quite different.
    4. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
    5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
    6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
    7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
    8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
    13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

And also one in Isaiah chapter 1
    18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

I could give you hundreds I love in the bible and many more from the Book of Mormon which we hold as scripture.

• Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. (NIV)

1 Timothy 4:12

• Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (NIV)

Psalms 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. (KJV)

• First I have to say I love this question 😊😊

Proverbs Ch 9 verse 10
    "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Proverbs Ch 22 verse 6
    Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs Ch 31 verse 30
    Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

Philippians Ch 4 verse 13
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

• 1peter 5:8
    Be sober and vigilant for your enemy, Satan, prowls around like a lion seeking whom he may devour.

Romans 2:3
    How can you, a mire man, judge others who do the same as you and think you will escape God's judgment

What Guys Said 10

• Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Phil 3:13-14

• Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!

• Exodus 32:27

Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.'"

it reminds me that irony even goes back to biblical times.

• John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he agave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

• Numbers31 is good.
    Numbers 5:11-21 too
    So are Amos 1:13 and Hosea 13:16
    Psalms 137:9 is another nice one.
    Want the NT? Acts 5 then. Or  1 Timothy 2:12

• those are great ones as well

• OMG really this is horrible! I intend to keep this peaceful

• Those are horrible! I should have read them before I commented

• 2 Timothy 3:1-7: But know this, that in the last days+ critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power;+ and from these turn away. 6 From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

• Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."

• When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. Leviticus 15: 19-20

• mine is the Lord is my Shepard, I have always liked that one

• And you will know my name as the lord
    when I lay my vengeance upon thee