Newly pierced ears?

I got my ears pierced about 2 and a half months ago. At about week 6 I took one of my earrings out, cleaned it and went to put it back in. The back had to be pushed through like it was trying to grow up, so my question is, is it alright to leave earrings in for a couple of months without taking them out? Or what should I do? I don't want them to grow up and I don't want to get an infection in them.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should clean them with an antiseptic solution. Don't they give you that after you got them pierced? Don't take them out, but just douse them from the Front and behind with the solution

• Yeah I've used all of it, so I'm using salt water now

• Has the wo und healed? After 6-8 Werks it should've healed if the piercing is on your earlobes. If it has healed then you can change the earrings. If not, buy a New antiseptic solution. Don't risk it by concocting your own

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I kept my earnings in for like 4 full months or something before taking them out the first time! It's definitely OK to keep them in. When I took mine out eventually it was fine and there was no problems.

• Leave them in and only take them out if it's absolutely necessary. They can take up to a year to fully heal and form permanent holes. Keep them clean, wash the studs (with saline solution) then put them straight back in.

• I think it's better to take them out just to clean them up and then use them again. But if you didn't want to take it off it's best if you used the round earings

• What are you talking about? You were supposed to leave them in so they don't close.

• Yes I've left them in for 10 weeks so far, but after the 6 weeks I took out one of them and cleaned it and went to put it back in and it had started to grow up. So I was asking if I can just leave them in and not take them out for a few more months or if I need to take them out and clean them?

• It's up to you. I left my cartilage piercings in for way long than that... They seem fine.