Are gay guys shorter?

I've heard this bullshit online saying a majority of heterosexual women tend to be shorter while gay men also happen to be shorter as well. This leaves taller men being most likely straight and taller women to be lesbian. Do you believe this? I don't, but with all the gay guys I have met, they were all around 5'7-5'8?

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously, this is complete bullshit. But I think I know why people came up with this in the first place. Many conservative, stuck-up people confuse sexual orientation with gender identity and on top of that, they confuse gender identity with the physical sex you are (male/female). So they believe that a gay man is basically by definition more feminine (and thus more female-like) than a straight guy and a lesbian woman by definition for masculine (and thus more man-like) than a straight woman.
    This, however, is also complete rubbish and anyone who knows a decent amount of homosexual folks (men and women) understands that they come in all forms and shades, just like straight people. Gay men are not inherently more feminine, weak and soft as straight men and lesbian women are not inherently more rough and manly than straight girls. Sure, there are people like that, but there are also gay men who are very manly and lesbian women who are very feminine. There are also straight people who don't fit into this stupid black-and-white pattern that consevatives have. For example I am a straight guy but I am very softy and my very first, real girlfriend is straight and a pretty manly girl.
    For some, funny reason, we have tons of openly gay men as hosts of talk shows or game shows on our national TV station in my country (which covers about 90% of the audience, since we don't have any big private channels). Most of these men look completely "normal" and you'd never guess that they are gay. Out of about six hosts I can spontaneously think of, there is only one guy where you immediately see it. All the other ones look just like any other man and I wouldn't know that they're gay had they not publicly said it in an interview some time. I also know two gay men personally and ironically, they are everything but feminine. They are both pretty tall (6 ft 2 or 6 ft 3) and really really fit and muscular. They look more manly than most of those homophobic haters ;-).

• Of course! I hate how homophobic people are misinformed and assumed that there must be a heterosexual female/male dynamic between gay or lesbian couples. I also hate homophobic guys that hate on gay men but love lesbian porn. They are hypocrites and objectify women, thinking lesbian women exist for their pleasure, and lesbian women cater to their needs. The thing is, the lesbians must be feminine and hot. All dykes and "butches" will be hated on and given the same treatment they give gay men. I pity homophobic people. Besides, I have heard that homophobic men tend to have gay tendencies they are denying themselves.

What Guys Said 4

• Sounds like a load of malarkey.

• I hate that stereotype. Height does not correlate to sexual orientation. I'm bisexual so what does that make me in terms of height if their statement was true?

• Clearly, there is no correlation. =p

• Lel does height even have anything to do with how u think? people are so stupei nowadays lel

• Wow that is sooooo wrong... all gay guys are 5'11" +/- 1"

• I doubt it.

I had read about a study that showed gay men to have slightly larger penises on average though...

• Although if they're shorter and have larger penises then I guess this applies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3MtaVS60eY

• - Gay men have slighter larger penises on average.
      - Black men have slighter larger penises on average.

Conclusion- Black men are more likely to be gay.

#badlogic

• @rthomas43 In case it wasn't obvious I'm not making any serious suggestion in what I said.

What Girls Said 4

• www.virginiaboecker.com/.../Stupid-2.gif

I have a good friend who is gay, he is 6'4" and his boyfriend is 6'2". Also by this logic most models are lesbians, which is not the case.

There is no correlation between height and sexual orientation.

• lol! not pointing this at u, but whoever said that deserves to be labelled #generalisation210

• You would be surprised that gay guys can be found in all spectrums of life.

Family man, trucker, good looking singer, old, ugly. Smart and average people.

• Sexual orientation and appearance (including height) are not related.