Afraid to become forever alone over social anxiety and shyness?

I've dated before but that was because of a mutual friend (they literally helped me with everything) I don't have that anymore. The relationship was also extremely awkward and most of the conversations were over text or online even though the guy went to the same school.

I've been like this since forever and it has gotten worse in middle-high. I have no friends in my school and I heard that it's worse in college because everyone is busy and has their own lives. So I don't understand how it will get better, there's even people on this site who are adults with social anxiety.

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, I think we're all afraid to become forever alone for some reason. Have in mind that it's all up to you to change this. If you slowly start to working on your social skills and social anxiety, you can change this situation completely. You're still young, you got plenty of time to be someone different.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're under 18 and you're worried about being "forever alone"? The anxiety will go away as you get older.

What Guys Said 2

• You're still under 18. You have all of the time to grow and mature and rid yourself of anxiety. Although I'm still not as social as I'd like to be, I'm way more open and less anxious than I was say three years ago when I was 17. And that's all because of willpower.

• you're young you still got time

What Girls Said 3

• Get professional help. And don't stay infront of the computer24/7 for social interaction

• Yeah well you can't let your fears take over you.

• Yes. All of us are scared from that.