Why do Americans love our English accents so much?

I've got a posh English accent but why do Americans love our accent?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont...
    ...

What Guys Said 7

• I personally think it is the period dramas in movies and on TV plus a bit of a fixation with the royal family.

• Novelty, mostly. The only exposure we get to British accents are movie stars.

The rest of the English speaking world is subject to American entertainment, so our accents are less novel. I for one, actually don't care for foreign accents in girls. I don't normally dislike them, but I wouldn't call it a turn on for me.

I'm lucky: I was born in Alabama, but don't have a southern accent. Southern accents in the U. S. means people assume you are stupid and racist.

• I'm also English, but it's because it's different, which is always attractive. But I don't think it's special because I listen to it everyday lol, same way an an American won't think their accent is special, because they hear it constantly. 😀

• Because to them you sound exotic. I should know, I live in the Canadian maritimes, where I've been told, we have a tendency to sound like a vague mix of Irish, Scottish, Geordie, and West Country accents. I don't know how many times I've gone down there only to be asked if I'm from Europe or the UK.

• Sofistication and it sounds more refined if it's a really good British accent.

• I have no idea. It's really no so much Americans as it is the media.

• because its different

What Girls Said 4

• Where did you get that idea from? Either way Americans couldn't care less about British accents.

• I actually don't

• When you figure it out, let me know. I don't, and can't figure out why many other people do.

• It sounds so nice!