Where do you stand on the whole Kim Davis thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• My stance is simple. Do. Your. Mother. Effing. JOB!!!

You got paid to do a job, you upheld an oath to follow the law. The second you walk through those doors you are not an individual. I can't wear jeans at mcdonalds or whatever.

This is all her excuse to be a crybaby cuz the cootie kids get to play with her toys.

Next when gays wanna get divorced they'll be saying "no that defiles the sanctity of divorce! Divorce is between a man and a woman!"

I'm sorry but it all sounds like crybabies to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that she has the right to practice her religion and if her religious beliefs say that she has to condemn homosexuality, then that's her business. I disagree completely, but it's her business. However, if your religion causes you to not allow some marriages, it's probably not a great idea to get involved in work where you have to give out marriage licenses.

She either needed to find a new job she could do, or she needed to suck it up and act like a professional and serve her customers/clients with the dignity and respect they deserved.

What Guys Said 4

• She shouldn't be jailed, she should just lose her job.

She's not issuing marriage licenses, the county is. She's just a representative of the government, and the government's prerogative is issuing marriage licenses. It's not a case of her speech or religion. If she objects, she's free to find an employer where she doesn't find conflict with her values, but she's not free not to do her job.

• She should be fired from her job, she obviously is having issues doing it. Jailing her is more than fair because she is intruding with government business.

What I don't like is the new press making her sound like some sort of hero.

• I had done the same in her case... there are enough other people who doesn't mind to do it so I don;t get the problem

• She should be fired from her job or just have a different employee give them the marriage license or whatever.

What Girls Said 3

• It pisses me off. It's just too close to home for me.

If you want to have your beliefs, fine. But if you're told to do something for your job, you fucking do it. It's the law. You don't like it? Quit.

• I guess I support her.

• Whos Kim Davis?