Why do european countries have such high rates of immigration and face pressure to make a humanitarian response by opening their borders?

japan has less than 2% and we don't let refugees in either.

why don't people demand that japan opens it's borders?

the only crowded place is tokyo. other towns are pretty empty.

Updates:
Asians are allowed to be racist because we're not ”used to” foreigners (we have always fought against letting them in and kept our populations homogenous) and we love our culture and want to preserve it.

caucasians aren't allowed to use these reasons or show any hesitation for letting thousands of immigrants from other continents in, can't say they love their traditional culture because they will be shamed for being proud of their culture because to do so is racist.

double standard?

2|1
17|29

Most Helpful Guy

• Because cultural marxist brainwashing has caused Europeans to hate themselves. The history we're taught at school is heavily revised to suit the cultural marxist agenda to destroy all that made Europe what it was, they only ever tell half the story in order to demonise our history, always painting Westerners as oppressors and the rest as victims e. g. we're only taught about the slavery of black people by white people when all races have enslaved people of other races. They also censor anti-white crimes. This creates self-hatred to the point that many think the world would be better without white people at all. At any protest of white British people antifa, mostly white people, will oppose them violently. This is what antifa believe:

muslamicrayguns.files.wordpress.com/.../...d-1.jpg

We're raised to believe that multiculturalism is the way forward, and " diversity is our strength" etc. Thomas Sowell made a good point when he said:

www.azquotes.com/.../...thomas-sowell-27-84-97.jpg

White Europeans are the only race not allowed to organise in our own interests. For 16 years white nationalist groups tried to bring attention to Muslim rape gangs targeting white girls in places like Rotherham, only to be ignored and even threatened with jail, labelled as crazy conspiracy theorists, racists, Islamophobes etc. Many reported their rapes to the police and were ignored. Social workers and police officers who tried to bring these gangs to public attention were told to keep it quiet or lose their jobs. Eventually it came out that it was all true, that 1400+ girls were tortured and raped in one city alone, and this happens all over the country. Even for mentioning this leftists will care more about calling me racist than the fact that they allowed thousands of girls to get raped because it contradicts their worldview.

cigpapers.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/img818.jpg

So basically our people will not fight for or look after our own people, they'd rather look after everybody but our own. Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi, considered by many to be the Father of the EU, had this to say in his book written in 1924:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...0d45d12a17.jpg

This is why the EU is forcing mass immigration on our countries, it's all part of the plan.

1|3
    1|1
    • Show All
    • More the USA than the E. U. The E. U. is merely trying put some order in the chaos created by the USA. Half of the refugees in the world are on the run for some war started by the USA : http://www.economist.com/node/18867622

www.thefallingdarkness.com/.../

What Guys Said 28

• because european leaders are weak.

The truth is they're sirclejerking with the whole "humanitarian solutions" deal. Russia don't give a rat's ass about kicking the immigrants back, africa doesn't, asia doesn't, Australia would just understand the situation...
    If the entire Europe decided that "fuck it, we'll just close the borders" then litterally the ONLY country bitching would be USA.

That's it.

5|6
    0|0
    • Are US officials actually calling on european nations to open their borders?

• Show All
    • UK and Spain participated and had terrorist revenge bombings on their soil.
      Italy, the Netherlands and Denmark too participated but were spared terror attacks.

• Germany too declined to participate but the American right directed its ire mainly at France then.

• Well, countries do ask the Japanese govt to revise their immigration policies. But the Japanese people generally are against opening Japan to immigration. Japan is notorious in the view of gaijin for being xenophobic. That being said, immigration reform is an increasingly important topic for Japan and is frequently discussed within Japan due to the increasing average age and low birth rates.

3|1
    0|0
    • but why do we get away with being xenophobic and don't get labelled as racist? why aren't european countries allowed this luxury?

• Show All
    • if you are white that means your ancestors lived in Europe. why not take pride in the culture of your ancestors. why not do it while Europe still has people who share those ancestors.

• Ahh, well I am a mix of Irish, English, welsh. Scottish and native American. I have no unique identity other than a brief span of time in America. Not in the same sense that you likely do.

• 1. Geography: Japan is a geographically small nation (less than a tenth of the size of Europe), isolated from many of the world's poorest and most dangerous places (e. g. Africa, Middle East). Europe is larger and is a (relatively) short distance from Africa and Middle East meaning that it will be a preferable destination to refuges fleeing from the area.

2. History: Japan doesn't have anywhere near the history for colonialism and empire building as Europe does. The map below shows that apart from Ethiopia (which was shortly conquered by Italy in WW2), every African nation was held by European empires around 1900.

mapcollection.files.wordpress.com/.../...frica.jpg

Also, in the middle east, when the Ottoman Empire fell after WWI (and became modern day Turkey), European powers (well, Britain and France) took control of much of the middle eastern territories the Ottoman's once held including Syria, Egypt and, I believe, Iraq. This was a part of the Syckes-Picot agreement which was a deal between Britain and France that divided up the Middle East between them and created borders that stand today (and cause problems today). ISIS have claimed that they are trying to reverse this deal.

Europe's empires have (mostly) ended but their influence continues and it is understandable that many would see Europe as having some responsibility for these regions having invaded, conquered and extracted resources from them, often for centuries (not to mention recent cases of Western involvement in the region).

3. Culture: As a results of both of the above factors, much of the world has been affected by European culture. Sports like football are played across Africa, cricket is played in Sri Lanka and Rugby is played in Namibia. This means that often these migrants may prefer to move to Europe meaning that it is a bigger issue here. Also, Japanese is only an official language in Japan (source: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0855611.html) French on the other hand is spoken across half of Africa, Spanish and Portuguese are spoken across Latin America and English is often called the 'language of business' and is taught across the world so this means that Europe is often easier to migrate to as many already speak European languages. Plus many countries still have connections with their former colonies so many migrants may have connections there.

Whew. That took a while. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • you seem to know your stuff.
      try looking up the history north korea.

also, the uk is smaller than japan, also a group of islands, but has 20 times the amount of immigrants japan has.
      the uk is letting more than 30,000 syrian war refugees in.

Asian countries would never, ever ”take responsibility” like that lol

• I'm a nerd. Unless I cam study and make a great career, I'm screwed. :P

Thanks. :)

You could be right. I think it's because western countries as a whole have become driven by guilt in some ways. We have to make up for sexism, racism, colonialism, etc.

• Because Europeans have a self-flagellating mindset where we feel bad if we don't look like the most tolerant place in the world, considering our imperialistic past.

It would be a nice thought, if not for the fact that you're actively making things more difficult for citizens that were actually born and raised in the country.

5|2
    0|1
    • Yep! I'm in the UK and I have heard this 100 times this past week and completely agree. The UK is literally too polite to say no!

• Show All
    • You summed up everything I was thinking, especially about what will happen when it is possible to return to their own countries, not likely. Yes Germany seem to be quite excessive in their approach and haven't really thought the situation through in the long run and where exactly are they planning to house the people so quickly when more and more are arriving daily? When will they draw the line and accept no more? A sad situation which has no 'correct' way of dealing with it

• They should go back to their countries and rebuild it just like our Grandparents and Great-grandparents did after the second world war after returning, but of course they'll stay. They won't return for religious reasons, they want to spread Islam. That's why Muslim countries aren't accepting the "refugees", in their words they've "got enough Muslims".

As for Germany, leftists keep comparing Britain to Germany and portraying them as heroes and trying to suggest that we aren't taking in anywhere near enough but have you seen the videos of poor working class Germans being evicted from their own homes to make way for the immigrants? They're literally making their own people homeless to make way for foreigners.

• Because of white guilt... European colonialism systematically fucked over the rest of the world for the past few centuries.

Opening the borders is a pseudo form of reparations for those nations that were fucked over.

5|4
    2|6
    • Asian nations didn't have that long-lasting colonialism of the world, so there is no guilt for these nations to open their borders.

• Show All
    • @RationalMale

• So what are these affects of European colonialism, exactly?

• It seems to be the Germans throwing their borders wide open more than anyone else. They think they can handle 500 000 refugees a year, I sure don't. There is going to be far to much clash culturally and economically. German culture (and that of most of Europe at that) includes the consumption of tonnes of pork and beer, good luck not clashing with people who consider that shit unholy. It really is the worst kind of shitstorm imaginable. I say just give them a few Mediterranean islands to call home, that way they are safe, and they don't have to fuck up Europe any more than it already is.

2|2
    0|0
  • Japan IS going to have to open their borders because Japanese people aren't reproducing. They are a mostly homogeneous society whose politicians fear change. All post industrial modern nations decrease in population without immigration which is a fact. People tend to have less and less children as rates of survival are up and quality of life are up. Immigrants from the Middle East, Africa, tend to have more children from a cultural standpoint than east Asians and europeans who generally have a higher quality of life.

Mark my words, Japan will have to open its borders to keep functioning before long. If they hope to maintain their status as the 3rd largest economy in the world after the US and China. Fun fact Japan was only recently dethroned as the 2nd largest economy. Still impressive since they have 1/3 the population of the US crammed into a country smaller than the state of California.

I just wonder who they will open it up to first. Japan has a closer relationship to the west than it does to other east Asian countries. The thing with immigration though is that people don't usually immigrate if they have a decent quality of life in their own countries unless they have a crazy good job offer. I'm guessing they will get workers from the Philippines and the southeast Asian region mostly.

3|0
    0|1
    • it's not the politicians who fear change...

• Show All
    • i don't believe in giving people excuses for racism (masked or unmasked) when the standards are the way they are today.

in regards to future immigration, yes for several years now they've been announcing plans for letting in southeast Asian workers and labourers in but it hasn't happened yet. i'm talking more about opening borders during a crisis.

• Yeah I agree that people should be held to the same standards.

• Europe is culturally less different from the middle east than Japan is.

Also, I assume Japan has not taken as adamant a stance against Islamic terrorism because it is not as affected by it. Much of the immigration is people fleeing from places where terrorism is rampant.

2|1
    0|0
    • good points but i think northern european culture is dramatically different from middle eastern culture

• Show All
    • that's rather sad. i had hoped to visit Europe someday and see the traditional culture and peoples.

• @COCOCHANEL I had hoped to visit Lebanon's temples some day. Baalbek was bombed by the west.
      I had hoped to visit Iraq's temples some day. Those that weren't bombed by the west were destroyed by ISIS.

I'm happy I went to Egypt years ago and to Tunisia. I wouldn't go there now:
      I visited Luxor in Egypt. A few years later, the Muslim Brotherhood killed tens of visitors there.
      I visited the Bardo Museum in Tunis. This year Al Qaeda killed tens of visitors there.
      I was in Sousse, in Tunisia. This year Al Qaeda killed tens of visitors there.
      I back packed alone in S Tunisia, 70 miles deep in the Sahara. I was well received by Bedouins. year later Al Qaeda kidnapped a busload of tourists there. I came back hitching a 70 mile ride through the desert from Italians in a big Unimog, on their way to Libya. I thought about going all the way with them but I had no visum for Libya, thus I stayed S-W of the Chott el Djerid. A few years later the west created chaos and civil war in Libya.

• Japan is already overcrowded. Europe too is overcrowded
    The USA, Australia and Canada aren't overcrowded at all.

American wars are responsible for half the refugees in the world and they leave other countries 'holding the baby'. They just worry about keeping Latin American drug war refugees out of their country.

media.economist.com/.../20110625_inc070.gif
    http://www.economist.com/node/18867622?
    www.workers.org/.../

0|2
    0|0
    • sorry but japan isn't overcrowded,
      come take a look for yourself.

• Show All
    • @Cocochanel is right... Japan is not over crowded at all... China is. Not Japan. Statistics based on averages is effected by extremes. Tokyo has a higher population causing it to change the average. Japanese population is actually somewhat low.

• In contrary to what you said, they actually even have rules supporting the growth of population. For example the government encourages families to have 3 kids or more (opposed to one or two in many countries).

• Europe and Japan two whole different stories. Japan is water locked geographically from all sides. And its not like they can simply get a ferry and drive off.. they need a passport to leave the country. Refugees don't have passports, they immigrate ILLEGALLY not LEGALLY. And why European countries have a lot of refugees is due to economic problem of unemployment which is not prevailing as much (as a percentage) in Asia and countries bordering Japan.
    And though "opening doors to refugees" seems morally correct, its practically hard to implement. Illegal immigrants cause disruption to the economy (of japan), it has potential employment threat on locals if too many immigrants enter. That's why its actually much easier said than done.

1|0
    0|0
    • the japanese economy has been doing well for years and there are more job openings than job seekers. i mean easy jobs like mcd. a lot of places are desperately in need of workers. and that's just in urban and suburban areas. there aren't enough physically-able agricultural labourers.

• I never said Japanese economy is doing bad, infact, it's doing brilliant. Yes there may be jobs... but in any country immigrants who are not given VISAs asre bound to cause disruption, be it Japan or Europe. And note that VISAs are issued onlyto those individuals who possess certain skills which are in specific requirement to the country (skilled labour basically). And immigrants are generally a part on un-skilled labour (without visas). I am not talking on moral grounds, just speaking in the view point of an economics student (semi). No offence intended.

• Why don't the rich oil arab countries take in those dirt poor refugees?

Because the only nations dumb and self destructive enough to allow tons of poor migrants to move in and change their demographs are Europe and the USA.

Not for long in the USA though, trump will probably deport all illegals 2nd day in office.

2|0
    1|0
  • It's a good question. The United Nations is demanding that the US take in some refugees. That's the United Nations whose secretary-general is a South Korean. So how many refugees is South Korea taking in, then?

Maybe the Japanese and other East Asians are just too smart to do something like that?

2|0
    0|0
  • I didn‘t know Japan was like that.

Personally I only have a problem with illegal immigrants.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because all the countries near Japan still remember what happened in World War 2.

2|1
    0|0
  • Japanese society is way more tight knit compared to Western society or even third world countries. Everyone knows that Japan is too expensive.

2|1
    0|0
    • The same could actually be said of China, the Koreas, and Southeast Asia. These countries haven't really diversified their populations yet.

• Show All
    • why are Asians allowed to be racist while still being accepted by the international community?

• Back to your original question, Japan is kinda hard to reach and it is geographically far away from crisis areas like the middle east. Japanese (and Asian) culture is also not widely known which may explain why refugees have rejected India as a potential asylum and prefer Europe or the US.

• Because the people demanding the borders be open are European. I dont agree with it. Those people should be encouraged to make a go of it in their own countries.

1|0
    0|0
  • Europe is under a lot of pressure both from Syrian refugees and from Africa. It's easy to reach the borders of Europe. Japan is pretty isolated so refugees don't show up on it's shores. It's also pretty unwelcoming. Foreigners are tolerated but never accepted.

1|0
    0|0
    • yes i was using japan as an example because of the state of the economy, abundance of easy jobs, general wealth of the nation and extreme lack of diversity AND being a g8 nation. but yes there is a bit more distance distance i understand that. the easiest way would be for the neighboring countries to take them in.

• who really wants to let in more foreigners and see their people and culture die out?

• Technically, Japan is known for its "xenophobic nature" and that people who are outsiders are "gaijins" and will never be seen as equally as any other Japanese person.

That doesn't mean I dislike Japanese people or anything, this is just what I've heard. They're probably cool if you can get past the language barrier, which I personally unfortunately cannot.

As for why we need to let the Syrians in... I have no idea.

0|0
    0|0
    • but why would the international community acknowlege and accept a country whose people are so intolerant and racist?

i thought these european countries are concerned about their image or something and that's one reason why they do these nice things.

japan has a pretty decent image but doesn't help refugees or let many foreigners in. and nobody cares.

what am i missing here.

• That Japan is awesome no matter what they do :D

• because everyone running from the middle east expects us to make their problem our problem

1|0
    0|0
  • if japana doesn't open its borders eventually, you guys are literally fucked.

1|0
    0|2
    • nobody wants hundreds of thousands of foreigners to burden the system

• Show All
    • they are now developing robots to take care of the elderly so that it won't be necessary to let in immigrants to fill caretaker positions

• robots aren't people that you can tax. Japan is going to run into an tax revenue shortfall in the not to distant future. Besides, robots are nearly as sophisticated as they'd need to be to solve all of japans problems

• The real question is why haven't other wealthier middle eastern countries opened up and taken any refugees in? Nations like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, and the UAE haven't taken anyone in? Are they xenophobes, or are they trying to preserve a national cultural heritage? Why does it have to be Europe?

0|0
    0|0
    • that was the first question i asked when i heard the news

• but people here told me that european cultural is closer to arabic culture than... arabic culture

• Because white countries are for everyone...

1|0
    0|1
  • Does the UN really force them to? if so that sucks its your country you should be able to decide if you want immigrants in your country or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe cause foreign intervention from the west has destabilized those nations where all the refugees are coming. I don't know about Japan's cause though

0|0
    0|3
  • Most people view japan as a write off as a potential destination for refugees. It's accepted under 400 in the last 10 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but I would think things are much more complicated than that.

1|0
    0|0
    • yes i was using japan as an example because of the state of the economy, abundance of easy jobs, general wealth of the nation and extreme lack of diversity AND being a g8 nation. but yes there is a bit more distance distance i understand that. the easiest way would be for the neighboring countries to take them in.

• Show All
    • i see what you are saying but... there is a reason why japan is not used to large amounts of migrants and that is because we don't want them to come and burden the country. we also just don't like the mere presence of foreigners, especially those who don't have ”status”. it's just pure racism.

• Well there is at least two kinds of racism. One where people of a race are hostile or in-appreciative of another culture and the other where a culture simply does not want to loose its identity. I think the former is less racist and arguably an innate choice. It can be an issue however when someone imposes their views on someone else... like a father upon a daughter.

• Europe has long since been inherited by "the tired sons of rich men" who have few children and just want their ample government pensions to outlast them. They don't care what happens after that. Japan is no better but too far for refugees to go. Ironically, Philippines has offered to take some, which will eventually aggravate their problem of Muslim insurrection. Question: Why don't the rich gulf states offer to take in their own people? How about Indonesia?

1|0
    0|0
    • glad you caught on, yes i was using japan as an example because of the state of the economy, abundance of easy jobs, general wealth of the nation and extreme lack of diversity AND being a g8 nation. but yes there is a bit more distance distance i understand that. the easiest way would be for the neighboring countries to take them in.

• Cuz Syria is closer to Europe than Japan is.

You should be glad too. Trust me you don't want those people coming to Japan.

1|0
    0|0
    • yes i was using japan as an example because of the state of the economy, abundance of easy jobs, general wealth of the nation, extreme lack of diversity AND being a g8 nation. but yes there is a bit more distance i understand that. the easiest way would be for the neighboring countries to take them in.

What Girls Said 17

• I'm in the UK and there are such divides in what course of action to take. Morally, Britain wants to throw open its borders and let the refugees come in their thousands but economically the UK is struggling as it is with lack of housing space, unemployment is rising but less jobs appearing and generally it's just not in a fit state to support more people on the strained system. I fully understand and am saddened about what's happening in the middle east and how terrifying it must be and I have donated lots of clothes and tinned goods to send to the borders in Calais, France but it is my opinion that at the end of the day, everyone has the right to live in a safe, war free environment but just moving away from the affected countries isn't going to solve problems in the long run. It's a tough subject, whatever action is taken will affect hundreds and thousands of lives both good and bad so it's not a situation where everyone will come out a winner and that's where people need to think economically, is it possible to have this vast ongoing amount of people reliant on the services of other countries for the forseeable future, like where do we draw the line?

2|1
    0|0
  • I wonder too and they have no right to demand that from japan and any countries. It may create social unrest

5|1
    0|0
  • *white guilt
    *geographically, the places where the refugees are coming from are closer to Europe
    *plus, the oil rich arab countries won't let them in either because "they [the refugees] don't want to work"

2|0
    1|0

• Japan's broke and their economy isn't as good or strong as Australia and other big western countries

1|0
    0|0
    • Actually, some wealthy European countries have quotas and they do accept refugees each year. It's not
      Like they don't.

Japanese culture is homogenous and they prefer immigrants that can contribute than siphon resources and have no ability to assimilate.

• Show All
    • Well then Japan is smart about not taking people who are not able to assimilate and live on welfare for years.

If they want to stay in Japan, they got to do it the proper way of migrating. All's fair is fair.

• Answering your update, the Saudi Arabia and neighbouring countries are the most racist. You can't enter there unless you are a Muslim or on contract work and they have a well known reputation for abusing their lower end immigrant workers. There is no such thing as free immigration if they aren't wiling to adapt to learning Japanese since the Middle eastern culture thinks women are just slaves for men in the kitchen and bedroom.

• I think it's because European countries are pretty small and close together so it's natural that people would move between them. The size of European countries makes them like states in the USA, plus they are all connected with the EU. Japan is a country of islands so it makes sense to be more isolated, plus Japan fought against China in a lot of wars which is probably why they don't let in a lot of Chinese immigrants.

0|0
    0|0
    • the uk is a country of islands and has a smaller land mass than japan but if your compare the demographics and specifically, number of immigrants...

• A lot of counties are getting shitting on about it. My country Canada is too I feel for these refugees but each country has their own problems we have to deal with and most of these countries can't even help their own citizens that are homeless but they take in refugees? really? but the UN should deal with this problem between Syria and Israel because this is getting out of control and it so sick how the Israelians are killing thousands of lives in Syria #blacklifematters.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know, right? So unfair for Europe.

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought that there were a lot of japanese that were not comfortable with foreigners living there. At least it's not difficult to permanetly (as a foreigner) stay there unlike China

0|0
    0|0
    • isn't everyone uncomfortable with social unrest and dramatic change in their country's demographics? many people love their culture and country. why is it ok for some countries to state that you don't want foreigners to come because it would make the country worse as a reason? if european countries did that they would be called racist.

• Because Europeans are not as ethno-centric as Japanese people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me too, I'm asking myself the same thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • First of all, those of you saying that these immigrants are "illegal" are sadly mistaken. Under international law, there is no such thing. People who are escaping from being persecuted, killed, oppressed and bombed in their own counties only want to find shelter and a better way of life. Refugee's are simply people hoping to find better lives. They are NOT ILLEGAL, and sure the minority of people may be bad, I'm not saying that everyone is genuine, however the vast majority have NO HOMES, NO CITIES AND NOTHING TO GO BACK TO. Their cities have literally been destroyed by war. To answer your question, it's geographical. Showing human compassion is not "weak," it's being a decent human.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess Europe is more easily accessible. But that would be an idea for the United Nations to consider with the current humanitarian crisis.

• Because " you make the bed now you Lay on it ". Get it!

0|0
    0|0
    • in that case japan ought to own up for the fucked up place that is north korea

• Because Japan isn't part of the European Union. The EU is demanding that its citizens open their borders and take their fair share of the influx. Also, Japan is logistically speaking a lot harder to get refugees to from central Europe.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) Japan has extremely restrictive immigration laws.
    2) Japan is not particularly close to any place with a refugee crisis.

Western Europe has a high rate of immigration because:
    3) Western Europe has a very, VERY high standard of living.
    4) Western European languages are the most commonly learnt second and third languages which makes adjusting easier.
    5) Western Europe is closest if you're coming from Africa or the Middle East (same reason Latin Americans go to the US instead of France or Germany).

0|0
    0|0
    • i think the middle east is close to asia and japan also has a very high standard of living and more job openings than job seekers

• I never claimed that Japan didn't have a high standard of living. Yes, Japan does have more jobs than people to fill them. However, Japan's immigration laws make impossible to fill those jobs with immigrants, which probably aggravated the recessions which have plagued Japan's economy for the past 25 years.

However, Japan is considerably farther from the Middle East than Western Europe. For example, Damascus to Tokyo is 5500 miles/9000k (about a 24hr flight), whereas Damascus to Paris is 2700m/4327k (about a 43hr drive). Rome is even closer 2030 miles/3268k (about a 40hr drive). When the distance is measured from Libya, Western Europe is even closer and Japan is even farther.

• Because the refugees have no money to get to Japan...

They walked with everything they have tied on their backs

0|0
    0|0
    • they weren't transported?

• Show All
    • Because they're selfish. These people are clearly suffering and need help.

• The refugees passed through the sea to Mediterranean countries, like Greece. Greece let them in and transported them to Germany cause of crisis

• All countries should close their border for those refugees. Period.

1|2
    5|1
  • Totally agree!!

0|0
    0|0