People have become way to liberal for me... why?

People are doing things that I do not agree with at all like: smoking weed freely, partaking in sexual behavior that is reckless and damaging to someones reputating, dying their hair in many weird colors, wayy too many piercings. Why? What has brought society to become so reckless and weird in the past years. I am a fan of not doing drugs, having sex with people you love, and a normal self image.
Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Whelp darling, the honest truth is that at the end of the day it's not really your business what others do with their freedom. People aren't aiming to please and impress you. People feel that there are greater goals to fulfill and moments to know besides your approval. So with all due respect, you're gonna have to get over it.

• greater goals, are fucking eveyone randomly, smoking weed and getting piercings and dying their hair bright colors? Really?

• so modern day freedom consists of self destructive behavior and doing things that ruin self image.

• @Asker Not necessarily. You're harshly judging a bunch of strangers and automatically coming to that conclusion but I'm sure that's not the reality for everyone you refer to.

Most Helpful Guy

• Uh just because people are shamed less for expressing themselves doesn't mean that you can't live your life the way you choose. Just do you man.

• Yeah but that conflicts with my life.

• Because i am looked at as the weird one for not doing these things.

• That's odd.. I don't do any of those things and people don't think I'm weird. Maybe you should try to branch out and meet new people?

What Girls Said 7

• Well throughout history people have done 'weirder more reckless' things. It's all a subjective idea, what's over the line and what is not.

• I think self destructive behavior and behavior that taints self image is over the line. For example: A man or woman who sleeps around, not only do that raise the risk for pregnancy and stds, but they are seen as trash by society.

• It's late, I'm sticking by my initial response and comment, and that's that. No debates on sex history and dating potential.

• Hey you answered my question, im not gonna just agree with you because you said it.

• Then don't do those things.

• Just hold on to your beliefs and follow it.

If you pay attention to them, that will only drag you down.

:)

• Because not all of can be you and we are accepting our individuality

• I'm with you lol. try to ignore them as much as possible despite how irritating they may be. You know the right way to act and no one should make you feel bad for disagreeing. As long as you don't rub your opinion in everyones face like they are.

• Because it's acceptable to be yourself in society now. Everyone's different. There's the conservative, the democratic, and the liberals.

• Their just fads that are actually (thankfully) starting to lose their appeal. But, like the 80s, they'll be back...

What Guys Said 8

• Part of this is just standard evolution of behavior. You have to deal with.

But any country that hasn't had to face a real hardship in a long time often becomes more liberal. Success becomes their downfall. Nations need purpose. Without it, they decay.

• It's how society falls. Don't worry, we'll fall like Rome did, and eventually a new empire will take our place.

• They don't want to be told what they should or shouldn't do, they don't like being denied things, they're basically children, and they will vote for whoever gives them the bigger piece of candy.

Very much a I do what I want sort it seems, to me anyway.

• Why does it bother you so much that other people live their lives differently from you?

• More traditional values and morals are going out the window, I do think it's a negative thing but oh well, just associate yourself only with people who hold similar values.

• Because we're not old-fashioned, get over it.

• What happened to principals? Morals? Self respect?

• Abortion?

• I dont agree with abortion unless there is a good reason, like rape.

• Unless they are forcing you to do any of these, you have no right to insult them.

• I smoked maaad tree back in the 90s. It ain't nothing new.