If Jesus were to come back, what would this mean to non-Christians? What do non-Christians think about Jesus's promise to return?

The way I see it, Jesus will come back as a universal ruler to reclaim his lost and corrupt world. But I do not think that Christians will get any special treatment.

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't matter what religion you belong to. You wouldn't get special treatment. Labels don't and won't protect you, actions do.

• I wish people realized this instead of going to church or their mosque just to strengthen their group ego.

• More religious people should be more accepting and stop looking down their noses at people. Especially Christians. a lot tend to be hypocrites. But those are my people xD I'll do my part and try to set them straight when I can.

People will pray and go to church every Sunday and do the same shit tomorrow. But thats humans. Sometimes there is def is ego stroking. Like you are oh so great because you praise God and read the whole bible. Please.

• Thanks 4 mho!!!

What Girls Said 4

• being christian never gets u special treatment. I don't know where people get this idea.

• I have asked several questions like these and the responses usually mentioned Christians as though they were special to Jesus.

• I'm trying to confront this with myself too.

• let them think what they want. they'll get judged accordingly anyway.

• I'd be like "cool, now you can set the record straight for the rest of these ass holes who think Christianity is about telling other people how to live their lives instead of just treating them nicely and loving people and shit!!"

• No he won't.

• we will all be treated equal.

What Guys Said 9

• Isn't he a good figure? Why should I be scared then? We'll enjoy the company of each other.
    i.memeful.com/media/post/lMzj4AM_700wa_0.gif

• "Hey Jay Jay. While you're up there in the sky, can you grab me a Fanta from the fridge please? Pure, cheers bloke."

• It's debatable as to whether or not Jesus was a real person to begin with.

• You could debate if any person was real or not - just go back far enough in time so that many people don't know who you're talking about.

• That's very cool, but I've read the entire book already. It's really no different from the Bible and the Koran so I'm guessing you also regard those two books as such.

• Absolutely. Those books are fictional tales. Some of it could be an exaggeration of the truth, and a huge exaggeration at that but only the newer accounts of events.
      The Koran is also quite different from the bible, it actually has more information which is possibly true although it's a recollection of a few people's memories of Muhammad's verbal recital while he was dying so that would leave one to believe it's an interpretation out of denial that a revered man wasn't just rambling in the throws of death.

These scriptures aren't real, they're made up of myths, larger than life characters, stretches of the truth and selective memories of the authors. Many things in the original texts the bible was originally made of simply aren't included because they were too outlandish to be taken seriously.
      It's all really no different from the lore and tales passed down in native American Indian culture, Inca and myan belief, aboriginal dream time stories etc.

It's just that, a story.

• I'll just nod and wave, continue with my daily life.

I'm atheist.

• That's good, I imagine religious fanatics would lose their minds.

• I am a Muslim and we Muslims believe in Jesus' return

• once he comes back, he will hunt down the non Christians with his ak 47.

• Atheists only accept a world they can see, still their believes may go far obviously, but they dont mix facts with faith. That's the best way to detect the truthness of things.

• There is no such thing as Truth. It is all subject to our interpretations - "facts" are nothing more than commonly accepted beliefs.

• It gets you into trouble way too often though -.-

• Yeah xD, but with caution makes us great creatures. Personally i think that we have the potential to become the gods we describe today... some years later if we can make things work for us...

• As an atheist I don't even believe jesus existed, let alone performed miracles.

• So you're saying that Christians just made up the tale of Jesus? He's in Roman accounts too.

• I used magical as a pejorative word for "miracle". I don't believe in anything paranormal.

• Personally, I do not believe in miracles or magic, but I do think that the actual human of Jesus (Joshua ben Josef) existed but not according to how Christians portrayed him.

• Hate to break it to you buddy, but he ain't coming back.

• Why not...

• Well I'm an Atheist and think it's highly unlikely that a rebel (whose existence is up for debate) that died thousands of years ago is going to return.

Additionally placing Jesus Christ and Christianity at the forefront of human's salvage is EXTREMELY exclusionary of hundreds of millions and possibly billions that never even got the chance to be "blessed" by that particular religious dogma.

• That's why I bought up this question. Jesus is not exclusive to Christianity.