If you put your money in a snack machine and two fell down instead of one would you take the second one?

• Yes I would take it, it is not stealing everybody does it
  • Yes I would take it even though it is stealing kind of
  • No, I am not a thief
I'll have to ask Mormons this question. lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I would take it because it would go to waste otherwise; where I work, if a second bag falls out, we're not going to take it, save it for the next time the vending guys come in and give it to them - it'd expire by then and I guarantee they would tell us to keep it. If anything, I'd give it to a friend or somebody who clearly had no lunch.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, cause there's no way to put that back inside, so if I don't take it, the next person will.
    It is stealing though, cause you just payed for one, but it's a mistake made by the machine, not by me though.

What Girls Said 9

• Hell yeah two for one it's not my fault the machine obviously wasn't packed correctly. If I didn't take the second snack the next person to use the machine definitely would.

• Yeah, one time I was guiding a girl through my school when we stopped to take something from the vending machine. I payed for one drink, but got two, so I gave one to her. I was like look the vending machine felt sorry for you because you have been walking for a while. xD

• Yep. I'm taking both. Clearly the snack gods wanted me to have it

• Lol Heck yea I'd take it. The machine CLEARLY wanted me to have two because it thought I was soooooo Sweet and Awesome

• Lol I put $2.00 in for an item that cost $1.25. I got the item and $1.25 in change.

I took both.

• Yes I sure would. Snack machines tend to eat my money and keep the snacks so if I happen to get 2, I just think it's the snake gods reimbursing me.

• Yes, I would. I guess everybody does that and if I don't take it someone else will.
    Plus, I don't think it's stealing.

• Yes! Its like winning the jackpot! :D

• i would take it because if not then someone else would take it anyway so who cares?

What Guys Said 7

• Your options are:
    1) Take it.
    2) Leave it and somebody else will take it.
    3) Throw it away, so you did not profit from it.
    4) Mail it to the people who stock the machine.

Of the four, number four is the only one that keeps the vendor from losing money. But you will waste a lot of time getting the address and writing a letter explaining. Plus pay the cost of mailing it. So #4 is unrealistic. Only #1 then makes much sense.

• Of course. Machines steal from people all the time. Bags of chips getting stuck on hooks. Older machines not having enough change when you stick in a dollar. Coins going in but not being counted. Take the blasted item with no shame. It's your lucky day.

• voted B. if it's stealing I don't really care. I've lost enough money in a machine where the item didn't drop so I don't feel bad about getting the occasional freebie

• I work in a warehouse that stocks thousands of biscuits.
    I just steal shit from work every day instead of using the vending machine.

• Yes I would take it, unless there is a cop standing right next to me I doubt I have anything to worry about and even then I don't think he'd really care.

• If you don't take it. Someone else would

• Yeah I'd take it shit they both fell down. Not my fault.

• Should have fixed the machine so both wouldn't have fell.