Do you think this advertisement is offensive?

do you think this advertisement is offensive?
I feel like this really is offensive and uncalled for what do you think?
I found this on the onion http://www.theonion.com/article/new-subway-promotion-to-honor-subtember-11-33768 I know they are a satirical website but they have gone too far with this in my opinion.

• Yes it is offensive
  • No it is not
I apologize if this offends anybody, I am not meaning it to be so as I do feel it is offensive even though its from a satirical website

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not from the USA. However, I still think this is playing with fire. I think it is offensive to be honest it is almost making a bit of a joke about 9/11. When so many people died that day they should not be making this kind of joke about it, even if it is now 14 years ago. I wonder if this really is Subway doing this or someone else.

What Girls Said 17

• *WARNING. WARNING. EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR OPINION. DON'T READ IF YOU GET OFFENDED EASILY*

It's offensive yes. But I still think it's funny. I know, I'm a terrible person. But I like dark humor. I laugh at other jokes as well. Let's just say, people would not like me at all. And I don't care.

I even make my own tasteless jokes. My dad used to beat my mom. And my dad used to beat us. But this is my joke:
    People who stay in abusive relationships really need some sense smacked into them.
    And:
    There's a border between discipline and child abuse, and Mexican parents are never afraid to cross it.

Even though I have my own limit to what's funny for me, I don't think humor nor comedy should ever be censored. Because just because you don't find it funny, doesn't mean others wouldn't. So long as they're not directly hurting someone. In that ad, they didn't really tear down the towers nor hurt the kid.

I'm completely against child abuse. And I donate to charities. And I think the world would be a better place if Jared and all other pedophiles died. But this is funny to me:
    http://i.imgur.com/U4b4k8k.jpg

• I believe no matter how safely you do or plan something in life, there's always that set of people that will take offensive.

It's just human nature.

I see nothing wrong with the ad at all.
    The creation of that ad was not done so in harmful intent.

• Subway didn't actually make this ad. The Onion has pretty fucked up humor but that's all you're going to get from the site really, maybe try avoiding the site in the future. It's pretty messed up but clever, like the rest of their unbelievable articles. I don't feel offended tbh, but I get where you're coming from.

• Oh wow, I didn't read it properly but yeah, that's a bit inappropriate.

• It's offensive, but it's also not real. So that's the whole point of it.

• But if they are such a conservative publication why joke about a event as serious as that

• Just very tasteless

• You just don't understand the humour.

• that's fucked up but whatever

• It's playing with fire...

9/11 was a long time ago now. But not quite as "long time ago" as say, Vietnam or something. Dangerous advertising tactic.

• Wow. I know they push the envelope but this IS too much!

• I dont know if they actually did this or not its from a satrical news site

• At first I was trying to figure out how the thing could be offensive. Then I finally remembered that was when those planes crashed.

To me I don't find it offensive at since I had nobody I cared about die in the towers.

• Wow what the fuck? Hope its fake. It has to be.

• Thats Just Fuck Up! Please tell me this is fake!

• It really is though. That's pretty messed up.

• how many American movie producers profited from past wars? No, this is not offensive at all in that perspective.

• i know 9/11 was 14 years ago but you should never joke about that

• Marketing shock tactics 101.

• I can see how some may find it offensive. As for myself it has no effect.

• I think it's kinda ignorant. They didn't put very much caution into this...

What Guys Said 16

• Yes, cause on 9-11 is when all them terrorist attacks took place
    on America i think they went too far , tomorrow is time in mourning
    Sept 11, 2001 i never will forget that date so scary if you think.

• Lol their brand is already capsizing since they had a sex offender as their lead spokesperson..."""what more can we do? oh lets make fun of one of the most celebrated tragedies in US history.""""

• They won't survive that.
    Mind my words.

• Subway sucks. They are paper thin and not that great. You're better off going to Stop & Shop or something.. at least the subs there are good.

• It took a minute for that picture to sink in for me...

• Might be. But it's funny as hell xD

• I bet you were one of the people who said the Charlie Hebdo satire of the prophet Muhammad was OK.

It's satire, get over it.

• That's funny in a fucked up kind of way.

I'm surprised they didn't throw in any pedophilia references.

• You don't make light of a serious event

• What are we supposed to not be forgetting again?

• You're American and you forgot 9/11/2001 ?

• Are you even freaking serious? Do you not know World/American History?

• Damn dude, I know 9/11 better than 98% of the people in the US... My father was a few months away from retiring from the Air Force when 9/11 happened. We engaged in another never ending war and claimed it to be justified. If we really wanted to give fair and even response to this attack we should have given the ultimatum to hand over all the terrorists and their locations within 6 months or we nuke your civilization back to the stone-age. I don't believe in war, I don't believe in killing for revenge, I don't believe in anything that the united states has grown to stand for post 9/11... But I also don't believe in half measures, and creating a war that killed as many people as it has instead of just leaving a lifeless crater at every capital city in the region to remind the world what power we hold and who we are was a half measure.

• Its ignorant... more than offensive..!
    Anyways yesterday I eat one of these, and it tasted like shit!!

• I agree, but Subway did not advertise this it was a satrical bad taste faux news site

• It's a little tacky yeah. But at least they removed that one child molester from their marketing; dirtbag.

• very true, but I still feel like this is too far, subway has lost my buisness

• Oh is it actually a live ad? I thought this was just someone playing with Photoshop trying to test a theory. Wow whoever is running their PR/Marketing needs slapped around a bit.

• its a satrical news site ad

• damn that's ballsy...

• If I was Subway, I'd sue them. Very poor taste, even as a joke.

• It's not offensive to me, but I can understand why some would be.

• That shouldn't be joked about.