Have you ever been catfished?

Have you ever been the victim of catfishing: when someone steals your pictures. Or have you ever stolen pictures and pretended to be someone else?

In high school I had my photos stolen and the person had real online relationships with guys. One guy claimed to be in love. I got her number and confronted her and it didn't stop until I threatened legal action. Anyone else go through something similar?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it was horrible. They were pretending to be someone else and told me the truth because they felt bad.

• A catfish with a conscience.
      Yeah well there's some out there ain't it , but it's fun while it lasted no?

• @illusive_man after I found out I didn't see the fun. I won't even count it.

What Guys Said 13

• @Kay211
    Is catfishing me right now.
    As according to the Hot-Crazy matrix. She's either a dude or a unicorn.

• I have never had anyone steal any of my pics on any website and pretend to be me, if it has happened I don't know of it anyway. I have never stolen anyones pics and pretended to be them either.

• Yas @star_lord stole ma pix and took on ma identity and used it as his so he could ruin ma reputation on GaG. Judging from his age, such a childish act smh. Haterz gonna hate altho i reported his Dark_Lord account in the process and got it banned. Stoopid azz nigguh got sense. 😤

• I have been cat fished.

One day on Facebook, I got a friend request from a random person, which I accepted for some reason. About a few days later I went on their profile and found one of my pictures as their cover photo. I was both flattered and kinda put off by it.

So I messaged them about it and they said they did it because they just really liked the pic basically and found me attractive. After that I was completely okay with it, it didn't bother me.

• A few times, but the ones that get me are usually masters of the craft and I have and hold no resentment or anger to them. Usually take them out, fuck around for a bit, and then wish them luck on their next mark. Hey, if I can't take a joke...

• Nope can't say I have.

• Hahaha you never know how many fans you've in real life! I've been catfished lol but its the internet so can't complain!

• I have too many walls for them to get through... in short-impossible

• No thankfully I am not hot enough or famous enough lol

• Once when i was in middle school from this girl in my class who was shy

• nope, never been catfished

• That sucks.

• The apitamy of fraud. Catfish led if you are not pressing charges or dropping.

• Doesn't matter once you show what happened. You just get moding points.

What Girls Said 7

• i have. i had a girl use my photo to ask gag to rate the girl in the picture. she had blocked me so i couldn't say anything. luckily 2 of my friends noticed it, mentioned me and reported it so i was very thankful that it got removed quickly.

• I never stole someone's pictures.
    And no one stole my pictures, 'cuz I'm too ugly to catfish with my pics. 😂
    This happnes just to beautiful people, and I'm not one of them. :v

• My friend found a picture of me on someone's instagram account pretending to be me last year, I don't have instagram so I couldn't confront her/him, but my friends surely did ;)

I don't think anyone believed it either.

• No definitely not. I don't think there's much danger in that happening lpl

• probably so.

• Never happened to me.. At least, that I know of.

• Actually I've been on 3 sides of catfishing

1. I used to catfish people way before it was known by mtv. We're talking 2005. It all started because our friend had mooched off of me and other friends and we wanted to know how he truly felt. Needless to say, I kept the trend going for about 5 years. Not proud of it!

2. On MSN groups (no longer exists) I found a guy using my pics to talk to other guys.

3. I fell for a catfish online. What goes around comes around.