How do you feel confident with being alone all of the time?

I do everything alone. I don’t have any friends or a boyfriend. Okay, I have one friend but she’s always too busy for me. Also, she only wants to spend time with me when it benefits her. I don’t like being alone all the time. I feel very self-conscious about it, like people are judging me. I’m envious of the people around me who are enjoying themselves with their friends or partner. It’s like I want to enjoy myself with other people too.

I go to the movies alone.

I attend school events alone. (Football games)

I eat out alone.

I spend time around my campus alone.

When everyone is my class is mingling, I'm alone :((

Anything you can think of I do it alone. I like being alone sometimes, but not all the time.

I’m trying to gain friends but it isn’t working. Either I’m super awkward or people just don’t like me. Truthfully, I'm tired of trying. It’s too much work trying to find people who accept me for me.

So how do I cope with being alone all of the time? Or how do I feel confident with being alone all of the time?

Most Helpful Girl

• be awesome enough to keep yourself company!

What Guys Said 5

• This could have been written about me! I don't have any answers, but I understand what you mean and how you feel, 100%. I'm exactly the same.

What I would say is don't give up on trying to make friends, but equally don't put too much in to someone who doesn't want to match your effort in time and conversation. It's great and really important that you are still getting out and doing things on your own, that's really important. Spending time with animals is always a winner and makes me feel more content and accepting of myself. I'm sort of lucky in that I have found a creative way to respond to and record my lonliness and isolation, maybe you could think about that too?

I don't have any real answer, I'm sorry, but I do understand, and I feel the same way. In that sense just know that you're not alone in every sense of the word. Keep smiling and keep trying.

• I love being alone, but it seems you want some company.

Just be open to any opportunity and maybe join a group that you have an interest in

• Lemme inside ur heart anon cutie. And lemme LUV u 👄

• Be like Big Boss. He's alone all the time but he makes it work.

• Welcome to a world I got past buddy a long time ago.
    Trust me, don't change yourself but if there are things are holding onto such as grudges against people after fights or bad experiences, at least pretend to be relieved of them. Most of all, loneliness is a powerful weapon and I'm going to leave it just there
    best of luck!

What Girls Said 4

• i enjoy being alone but I can understand that it gets tiring after a while.

Keep on trying to make new friends. We know you can do that because you have a friend already. It is hard sometimes to find your tribe but I am sure you will at some point.

What about making friends through work?

• X ( I don't have a job right now because I'm in school.

• I'm learning to love the act of solitude. I learn so much from being alone. It has helped me love my self so much more. and it helps you to become a stronger person too. I am a person just like you, expect all my friends have boyfriends and I use to feel sad all the time. But their boyfriends treat them like shit and because they don't know how to be alone and don't want to be alone they continue to let them. So I look at loneliness as a good thing. You'll never feel alone if your in love with the person you are alone with. :)

• I do everything alone too! I also went traveling alone :D

and I do enjoy every second of being alone since I can do everything I want to do, without considering other people needs. I sound selfish, but sometimes we do need to stop pretending and stop making other people happy.

I don't have any problem with being alone, I guess you still think about what other people think of you when you're alone. Just don't mind them, do not pay attention to them. Just think of you having your own time.

• I can't help but think there'll be a time when you regret your way of thinking. "Into the Wild" comes to my mind. :D

• The movie I mean. The ending was very sad.

• @TheGeorge oh I see, I haven't watched the movie

• I can relate. I have really had so many friends through out my teen years. I guess I been through a lot and my mind doesn't let me trust people for one. Two wen I meet someone new I feel like I'm being a better friend and I end up being there driver. Therapist this that and I get nothing in return not even for them to just listen to my problems.
    Lately it's hard cus al I have is my boyfriend and he became my best friend. I just feel sad wen he goes out with his friends and I'm stuck doing nothing cus I say no I don't wana go. Cus I feel weird being the only girl sometimes. He is so social me and has lots of friends. I wonder how it is for a guy. Cus I can't trust females they have stole from me talked about me and manipulated me badly.