What does the outside World think of Australia/Australian's?

i am Irish, but have lived on and off in Australia since 1991

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• Drink a lot, have cool accents, lots of fun, kind of ass holes but generally the fun-loving ass holes that people will be like "naw, he's actually really nice, just likes to fuck around. Buddy'd never hurt anyone!"

• I say this from my own experiences socializing with Aussies haha

• I guess not so much "ass holes" as "crude". They can have a pretty crude sense of humour but they mean no harm - it's all in good fun.

• I would agree with crude , more than assholes :)

• The one's I've met and/or know usually have a wicked sense of humour
    They can drink most civilisations under the table
    They have an awesome film industry
    They love sport and like being fit
    They have a nickname for everything under the sun

• you have? wth...

how do u like it? =]

What Guys Said 8

• The hot girls of summer bay ie Amy Fisher and others.
    Some of the ones I know who went over from Co Tyrone say it can be lonely if your over on your own as its all couples and can be hard to make friends. My cousin's women came home after a year after having a baby. She would be left on her own for three weeks at a time as he went to work in the mines and she wouldn't see or get talking to anyone she was all alone in the house and it got to much for her. she's home with her mum amd he's not coming back. So its a lonely place im glad I chose America.

• I've known quite a few in my time. They combine some of the wit of the British with the wild frontier values of the US. They have a beautiful country to enjoy themselves in and have developed a unique culture around it all. I love the joviality.

It's unfortunate that censorship and self-serving politicans threaten to ruin what is otherwise quite possibly the promised land down under ;)

• sadly the politicians are turning Australia into a pariah state on the world scene :(

• Really the only I've talked to in any depth or length is @justbanannaz and she's doing your country good, impressions wise.

That being said I really couldn't say much on it, I plan on visiting it in the future so it's only then I'd be able to give you my actual thoughts, otherwise anything I'd have to say is just speculation.

• Not much. Feel sorry for the whole toilet spider thing.

• They like to censor everything lol, music, movies, video games, you can bet money that everything is heavily censored.

• Penal colony.

• The usa's lackey.

• If I want a beer in Australia, I have to say, "Gimme a Fosters!" and then drink crappy Fosters beer...