What's the meaning of this pic?

What's the meaning of this pic?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would argue it has to do with the perception of society. I don't think the artist was trying to deal with men dressing up as women, but rather he was trying to illustrate things like gender roles and what men and females should do.

Notice the hands. The man's hand holds a pen. The female hand holds lipstick. What the artist seems to be implying here is that society's view on the man is that of business. He is typically the worker and is portrayed as the "all-business" and leader-in-the-family type figure head.
    However, the woman holds lipstick and is dressed in a skimpy dress, tons of makeup, pinned up hair, and just screams materialism. She represents society's pressure of and stereotyping of women to be the "token" or the stand-there-and-look-pretty type persona. It saying how women are perceived to be fake.

I would argue that them being conjoined (as in the two people being together) is basically stating the falsity of gender roles and stereotyping. It is saying that either side can do whatever they want to do and that humans are actually quite remarkably similar to each other. It is only society's pressure causing us to break away and choose the business side or the fake/makeup side. We have potential to be either, but the formation and stereotyping tells us to behave and look/dress a certain way to fit that part.

Most Helpful Girl

• It means America is turning into shit.

Our forefathers would be rolling in their graves.

What Guys Said 7

• It's definitely a half-slutty, half-businessman/woman/entity that is half James Bond half Rita Skeeter and is very horrifying while he/she/it holds a paintbrush and lipstick/match/cigarette/marker to the left with an armband.

That's how I interpreted it, at least.

• Why do you assume that it has some deeper meaning? Perhaps it is simply the result of some artist wanting to show how clever they can be.

• One hides themselves behind a layer of deceit while the other uses wits and cunning to plot.

Or it's just a retro picture imposing old gender stereotypes.

• DANGER: Drag queens are everywhere.

• It could mean someone who's a cross dresser or represents transgender society

• Probably transgender propaganda..

• Dunno really may be GAY

What Girls Said 5

• for me, I think it's about differences in gender or the how the society sees it that relates to power.

• to me it shows the power or makeup or something like that

• woman trapped inside a men's body? xD

• it means that you can be feminine and manly at the same time.

• people of 2030