Black women: Have you ever noticed white men who will not move aside for you?

After listening to an interview on the radio, an African American woman said she had noticed that many white men will not move aside if they are standing in the way or if there's not enough room where they are mingling. Of course not all white guys are like this but I'm curious how common this experience really is. It would make sense considering history. Do you find there's any truth to this? Have you ever actually tried it? Perhaps try it for one day and then come back to answer the poll.

• Yes, I have noticed that some white men are less willing to move aside.
    18% (4)
  • No, I have not noticed this.
    41% (9)
  • Non-Black person/POC/white person who's interested.
    41% (9)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Well 80% of my school is white. And about 10% is black. That being said, a lot of them (the guys) are douches who have no problem inconveniencing you. But I have obviously encountered a lot more white douches than black ones. It's a diverse mix though. The Indian men are usually very nice. But Friday I had to get out of an auditorium and this guy wouldn't move. I walked up and I said excuse me and half a second later the teacher pushed on his bookbag to move him out of the way. Thank you Mr. for doing what I wanted to do.

I'm not going to vote as to not skew your poll.

What Girls Said 5

• Honestly people are just more rude these days in general, i'm not saying it's not sometimes a race related issue, it could be sometimes but for the most part, I would bet that it's just rude people.

A lot of people where I live, especially women, will just stand in the middle of the isle, they will put their cart on one side and themselves on the other and it's impossible to get past them. They even look at you and continue to stand there in the way.

When i'm walking and streets are crowded no one moves out of the way for others, some people even run into you. I think people are just inconsiderate and rude and it annoys the fck out of me.

• No, I haven't. Some white guys even hold doors open for me. I've had girls not move aside when they're obviously blocking my path before who happen to be white. There isn't any real correlation there as far as I can tell. Some people just suck. It has nothing to do with an entire race there.

• I've honestly seen it like 50/50 so its kind of hard for me to blame it on race, I've met guys who were total gentleman and I've met some who were just rude.

• But how do you know it's a race issue? I mean, some people are just assholes.

• I came here for the future comments,