Would you save a bear cub in mortal danger if the mother was around and it would die if not saved?

A hypothetical scenario. Imagine you're in a nature reserve and you're observing bears - they know you're there but they're used to your presence and pay you no heed. But then the cup falls in a stream and is being swept towards the waterfall. You are fully capable to save it and bring it out of the dangerous waters.

But would you? Considering the mother is nearby and was viewing the entire thing (she couldn't save it herself)?

Oh and side question to anyone who knows anything about animals: what would be a bear's reaction to such a deed from a human? Would they be capable of comprehending that their cub was saved or would they attack you anyway?

Most Helpful Girl

• Save it and leave it for the mother to take.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would save it yeah, couldn't just stand and do nothing. Not sure if I would be attacked by the mother, so i would just pop it on land so it's safe, then back away.

What Girls Said 2

• Since I'm such an animal lover, I most definitely would. Can't let the cutie die! 🐻 I could never forgive myself.

• I would save it and hope not to get attacked.

What Guys Said 2

• No. The mother would kill me if I went near it and sometimes you just have to let nature take it's course

• No. Bears are racists.