Does blocking someone on snapchat delete them?

I blocked someone on snapchat a while back and decided to unblock them. However, when I did, I noticed that they didn't reappear in my friends list. And when I searched their name, it came up with a white cross next to it, meaning that we're no longer friends.

But seeing as they couldn't have searched my name and my name would've disappeared from their friends list when I blocked them, they couldn't have deleted me.

So does it automatically send a friend request to them, or do I have to re-add them myself?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• blocking them unfriends them. if you un block them then you can add them again but it won't do it automatically

What Guys Said 4

• i think so

• I don't know

• What's snapchat?

• "Snapchat is a mobile app you can download to your iPhone or Android smartphone, which you can then use to “chat” with friends through photos, videos and captions. You can sort of think of it to be like texting with pictures or videos.

One of the most unique things about Snapchat is the “self-destructing” feature for photos a few seconds after photos have been viewed. For example, when you chat with a friend by sending them a photo, the photo is instantly deleted seconds after it’s been opened by the recipient."

• @Rufus Thanks for the information. I don't have a phone.

• No Problem!

• nah fam, it just readds them

• Does that mean that they could've blocked or deleted me after I blocked them?

What Girls Said 8

• I would assume that blocking somebody deletes them - especially if they choose to block you afterwards.

• So they could've blocked me or deleted me after I blocked them then?

• Most computers assume that if you block somebody - you no longer want that person on your contact list and will remove them from your contacts.

• This was before snapchat had done recent updates but I blocked someone for a couple of weeks, unblocked and they were back there again in my friends, so I'm not sure, the newer updates might of changed this..

• Well, you blocked them... so I would assume so. You'd have to re-add them.

• It should yeah

• uuhuhmmm I don't know. never blocked someone lol

• Yep sure does

• No it doesn't delete them

• of course it deletes them!