Are men giving up on modern women?

I've heard plenty of guys say this online. Generally the complaints are that most women are way too choosy, unapproachable and self-entitled. How many guys here have or are thinking of giving up on dating women?

• Relationships with modern women are great and as good as they've ever been.
  • Relationships with modern women are pretty good.
  • Relationships with modern women are something I just have to do because of either social reasons or sex.
  • I generally avoid dating modern women as it isn't worth it.
  • I have given up entirely on modern women.
  • I'm a woman. See results.

Most Helpful Girl

• i can't speak for any men but i tend to realise that any man who's in a successful relationship has by his side a modern woman with an 'old' mindset, just meaning that she's really grounded and has really good vibes that are extremely elegant and timeless.

i've noticed this about every bride at all recent weddings I've been to. so it first begins with the man's intentions, and if she's a keeper, then she is more than likely someone different to todays norm.

Most Helpful Guy

• My fiancee is very traditional and religious. She's a rarity in today's world.

She's not a pushover, though. She has very strong convictions, and I have to hold myself to pretty high standards of morality. She's worth it to me.

Ironically, I'm the one who is nervous about being the "head of the household."

What Girls Said 4

• To be honest, this sounds like your own personal frustration or a small fraction of how men think based on internet-chat. In actual reality, modern day women are still getting husbands, guys who are crazy about them, and enjoying relationships with men who would do anything for them.

• @Asker It's not that simple. There are plenty of men and women around the world who end up having an affair or longing for someone besides their significant other yet culturally it is considered unacceptable for them to do so. Divorce isn't such a bad thing. You shouldn't be tied to a life of unhappiness just because you signed a piece of paper years ago.

• Agreed but rarely is divorce a good thing and even when it is, there was clearly mistakes made before the marriage even began. Increasingly, relationships seem to be more about the short term which makes me wonder if we just can't stand each other for long.

• Men from internet do not represent the majority of people in real life. These are a bunch of people who have mental issues and are stuck. Can't change themselves inside first? Then they haven't changed anything in their environment.

• Hahaha.. This is hilarious. A guy voted I'm a women :D :P

• i think they are.

What Guys Said 16

• I wouldn't say we're giving up; but we're reluctantly approaching ladies nowadays. If I were to be frank about it: many men believe that many women have priced themselves out of the dating market even though her product may be worth her asking price. In other words, some women have expectations that guys think are laughable given the woman's looks/personality. Unfortunately, I think many guys are starting to reflect the fact that they're seeing more and more of these women.

• I voted I have given up on modern women. I am so sick of being treated like I am the scum of the earth when I try to be good and try to treat women well. I have now given up on love and relationships and dating women and have pretty much decided to stay single. There is also no way in hek I am ever getting married, marriage is not worth it these days. I am so fed up with how women treat me. I am not trying to be offensive but that is how I feel. I know not every woman is like this but I don't have the energy left anymore.

• I only have hookups with them for 'social reasons or sex.' Lots of people in my age group are unfortunately all about the hookup culture. I would love to be in a serious relationship, but most of the girls I have been with don't feel the same. I'm just going with the flow and enjoying myself until I guess women get more interested in the idea.

Some other guy made a comment about foreign women, and I have to agree with him. The foreign exchange students at our college are probably some of the coolest people I've met. Really gets me itching to travel and see other cultures!

• I haven't dated anyone before, but I will say after listening to my friends and seeing what people have to say about it here and other places online, I have become rather skeptical of women and relationships as a whole. But, having never been in a relationship before myself, I'd have to actually be in one to make a final decision on the matter.

• I prefer foreign women because they don't have that attitude that American women have of being self entitled.

• Here's the problem: feminism has made men unnecessary (for relationships). Men have a biological need to feel needed. When they can't fulfill they need, they have little use for dating. Women are earning more degrees now than men, but find that men are not trying any harder.

This is because feminism freed men. By making men "obsolete" for women, men were free to pursue their own interests. And without the need to woo women, most men set goals, reach then, and enjoy life.

So now, we have a major surplus of educated women asking where all the educated men are. Well, you outnumber us. You won't marry down, so there are going to be a lot a disappointed women.

• I've seen that last part discussed a lot.

• Of course you hear that online, that's why they're online!!!
    It's not like bitches are something from the 21st century, and great women are something of the past.
    There are great women in today's society, if you don't see that, it's your problem. But if you want something more old school, obviously modern women aren't for you, you'll have to go back to the past for that.

• Yes, some men have given up on women. I haven't exactly given up on women, but I certainly enjoy my bachelor days right now.

• My life is not about catering to what any woman wants, and since all women ever want is to receive without giving anything in return, I have no interest in pursuing relationships with them.

• I love modern women. Getting them tho is hard as fuck, so I give up on love in general, not women. My doors are always open. It's just that modern women need more than a loving man with open doors lately.

• I think some men have given up totally, yes. I think most men have given up to the some extent. I myself am very selective in terms of the personalities of the women I choose.

• Nope not yet.

• What's a modern woman?

• All women are modern?

• Err... the modern ones are.

• Well, a certain amount of guys are, absolutely. And it bothers me that society deals with those types of men by basically saying "haha you're such a loser, go look in the mirror and grow a pair".

When you actually move past the unfair stereotypes, you see that men are human beings, too. The guys that "give up on women" have their reasons, and they do not fit the stereotypical mold that the Internet accuses them of being. I know a few in real life. There are also women that give up on men.

• I voted D. I just avoid dating in general. I don't know if it's totally women's fault though.