Would you rather be blind or deaf if you had no choice but to choose between the two?

What's it going to be? You have to choose between being either blind or being deaf.

I personally would choose being deaf because you would be able to see and you'd still be able to communicate through Sign Language and other communication.

(I apologize in advance if this is offensive to anyone. This was asked out of curiousity, not out to offend. Thank you!)

• I'd choose blind.
  • I'd choose deaf.
  • I'd rather have the shits 4 times a week.
  • Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww that would hurt your butthole though.
  • Beep beep. MOVE OUT THE WAY BIIIIITTTTTCCCHHHHHH
  • Hey guuurrrrlllll you wanna go out to taco bell? Just make sure to order under $5 cuz my grandma only gave me $10 bucks for the both of us. ;D
  • SHITFUCKOMGMYDOGJUSTSHITONTHECARPETANDMYCATISDRAGGINGHERASSALLOVERTHRGROUNDAND I don't know WHAT'S GOING ON

Most Helpful Guy

• I know a lot of deaf people and it is easier for them to adjust than it is for a blind person.

Most Helpful Girl

• deaf because i feel like deaf people can do more. driving being the number one thing. plus i already know sign language so yeah.

What Guys Said 20

• I'd rather be deaf. Although I would miss music a LOT, overall quality of life is better being able to see and not hear vs vice versa

• Deaf because medical science has many more possibilities to correct that :D
    And I think it would be easier to deal with than having to miss your sight :o

• Being deaf is easier, blind sucks. I'd hate not being able to see life

• Deaf, I wouldn't like to lose the abitily of seeing at all.

• I'm hard of hearing and I would choose deafness over blindness. At least I have a sense of direction with my eyes compared to the blind.

• Deaf. There are hearing aids for the deaf.

I've met people who can cope with being deaf quite easily (not that people CAN'T come with blindness,) I just think it'd be horrible to deal with.

• Sight is really the most important sense we have... nothing is comparable to vision

You need to make it more drastic... would you live with no limbs or no sight? That's more comparable

• Being blind is way worse.

• Deaf I could always just write on paper

• I would chose deaf, I already don't listen to people

• As much as it would suck to be blind, i couldn't afford to be deaf, because it'd be so hard to maintain relationships without being able to communicate efficiently. Yes, i know that there is sign language, but honestly, it'd be hard to find people who would be willing to learn sign language just so they could communicate with me.

• Holy shit you're bored Hahaha. Either way pretty obvious people will choose being deaf

• blind considering My eye sight will be gone when I'm like 65

• Ok I need help, if I go dear, I won't be able to listen to Taylor Swifts voice.
    But if I go blind, I won't be able to see changing profile photos of @XNicholeMariex3. I will need an eternity to figure this one out.

• Hmmm I think I would choose deaf as well if I had to choose between the two.

• Hmm I think the worse your day was the crazier your polls get ;P I take it your day was a meh.

• I can't score on dem busty HAWT white chix if im blind right? So i'd choose ma SMEXY ears 💋

• hmmm wanna go to taco bell lol

• I'd rather be blind and deaf in love

• its a hard choice because what about music but dam seeing is pretty dam great..

• They can feel the vibrations from music.

• You'd have to ask someone who was once hearing, but lost their hearing later on. Personally, I don't think it would really be the same. Although, for those who have been deaf all their life, they know no difference. :)

• yea you got a point but with the invention of Cochlear Implants people can still hear but i don't know of any invention that is a sure way 2 see after going blind or this question based on if none of that existed? but i think sight would be a better choice seeing as you have more.. ability's then with being death plus i like looking at pretty girls :p

What Girls Said 14

• I know sign language very well! And grew up with it the day I was born XD! Woo! So I choose being deaf XD

• My eyesight already sucks & my hearing is good but I'd still pick being deaf. I feel kind I could communicate better that way.

• Deaf so i can peacefully sleep every night.

• I'm actually hearing impaired in one ear. Really, this is just a terrible poll, but I'm not offended. You can't choose to have an impairment or disability, you should be more sensitive.

• I actually stated in my question "(I apologize in advance if this is offensive to anyone. This was asked out of curiosity, not out to offend. Thank you!)"
      I have been taking Sign Language for 3 years and I am currently taking a Sign Language course in college.
      I am aware that you cannot "choose" in real life what impairment or "disability" and individual can have.
      I am actually quite surprised someone took offense to this. I am also known for making really nonsensical polls on this site. If my polls in general do not make any sense, maybe perhaps you should take things more lightly. Take it as a grain of salt, I beg of you.

• I'm not, its a 3/10 rating poll. I'm actually known to give more objective opinions and I don't take things personally. From Syrian war to race and disability I'm not surprised the lack of sensitivity from some users of Gag, because it doesn't effect them personally. Knowing sign language doesn't give you experience points either, I don't know sign because its not that severe.

• I am aware it doesn't give me "experience points" but it also doesn't mean I don't know anything about deafness. Stating "you should be more sensitive" sure sounds like you were offended... but OKAY miss holier-than-thou.
      Yeah, sometimes I can be a bitch, but you aren't so peachy yourself. You need to stop taking things so hard up the ass. My question was not even offensive. Get over yourself.

• At least I would still see the world

• Deaf. Can't imagine a life without eyesight!

• Blind, knowing how human echolocation works it would be easier for me.

• I would rather be deaf because I need to be able to see :/

• A healthy person should shit at least once a day?

• Implants are easier for deafness than blindness?

• If was deaf, i would also be dumb, coz I won't be able to learn how to speak :(

• By being deaf, you can block the nagging assholes the f out. By being blind, you can't see who is nasty and who isn't. You're welcome!

• i would choose deaf.

• Deaf. I don't think I'd survive a whole day being blind.