Am I a fossil that belongs in a museum :( because I do not know what 'friendzoned' means?

Most Helpful Guy

• Take a look at my profile the large pic thats where I belong as well

What Girls Said 3

• No, you're probably just from an era where people (not just guys) made their intentions clear and got clear answers instead of f*cking around pretending to be someone's friend to get close to them and then being all disappointed when they didn't end up getting a romantic/sexual relationship out of the deal.

"Friendzone" is definitely a generational term. One that, IMHO, illustrates the sociological ineptitude of the generation that coined it.

Yes, I admit it. I have problems w/the whole "friendzone" term.

• great call, i have always told it how it was and i want it to be. Always be assertive but respectful with it

• I just don't get how latter generations looked at previous ones where they communicated in an open fashion, saw the near instantaneous results of it, shook their heads and said "Nope, that's not for me. I don't want results nearly that fast. Oh, and that whole practice of calling someone and speaking to them directly in order to make plans efficiently (i. e. in <3--5 min)? Nope. I'm going to go through the trouble of typing up a 10-60 back and forth conversation via text message where the other person may or may not drop out of (because it's a text conversation), to make those same plans because I've got nothing better to do with my time.

Great, now I'm starting to sound like an old fogey.

• i think humans are always prone to usurp themselves. the social age is testimony with its irony being the rise of anti social tendencies. people cannot deal with open, honest communication anymore

• I would say not. I never heard the term before coming to GAG.

• just a term creeps make up to convince themselves they are "nice guys" and that;s why girls dont like them

since we like jerks and all... mmmm jerks <3 wife beaters <3 #true #love #fr

BUT, basically the friendzone is the "i like him like a friend/brother" so friendzoning (meaning putting someone in the frendzone would mean she sees him as just a friend no date potential

What Guys Said 1

• Nah you're not a fossil lol people who stay in that zone willingly are pathetic and is why the term even exists