GAGers!!! ever felt like you have no motivation at all? if so.. how do you overcome this feeling?

title says it all!!! how did you overcome it?

GAGers!!! ever felt  like you have no motivation at all?? if so..how do you overcome this feeling??

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure have!
    on those days I just do the absolute minimum and only do prio 1 stuff. Everything else has to wait.
    To get out of the down feeling i usually do something that gives me pleasure. Music, baking, shopping, whatever I feel like doing right then.

Luckily those moments pass on their own

What Guys Said 8

• I know the feeling all too well. I have the issue of forming dreams and goals, but I have trouble in finding motivation to do them. Stereotypical INFJ feels :(

How do I get over them? Well, I usually find something I like to do first and then set a timer for a set period. I'll do the fun thing until the timer goes off. Then I force myself to do the thing I have no motivation for. I tell myself "You can do the fun thing you were enjoying when you finish your task." The motivation to do the fun thing drives me to finish the boring thing. If applicable or possible, I also put on pump up music to keep me energized (aka fast paced rock or some melodic metalcore to headbang to haha). I am a low key chill person by nature, so I'll end up just cruising by on a slow pace if I'm not careful.

If you have no motivation to do anything at all, it sounds like you need to try something new. Discover a new website, research into starting a new hobby, or find a new goal in life to work towards. Once you find something to work towards, like a new hobby, maybe you can use that newly found motivation to work on something else.

• Yes I've had these in my preteens and recently at times. I just sleep it off and wake up to a new motivated me. If it doesn't happen in one nap, I repeat the process.

If I can then I have great sex to change my mood :D

• I feel this way often. I don't do anything, the feeling usually goes away on it's own after a while.

• I watch Rocky and go for a run then try to catch a chicken. Works every time!

• well all i did was pump up some iron and i got going like that energizer rabbit

stolf.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/rabbit.png

• Always! I talk to one friend who's great motivator & cheerful. Instant recharge :D

• Leave your comfortable surroundings; most things can be accomplished by simply walking out the door.

• I don`t think about the task I just do it
    best way to beat procrastination

What Girls Said 10

• The way I overcome it is either psych myself up in some way - like running in place like in the movies, or just go and DO IT!

For example if I have to study: I just pick up the book and start reading. Maybe make funny voices sometimes, just to keep it interesting or give each scientist his/her own accent, so I remember who said what. xD

• I start small. Do a chore that I kind of enjoy, like washing my car. It's productive and you feel good for doing something productive that day.

• Uh, I am so unmotivated it's unreal! When you find out how to solve it let me know. I'll be here sat on my backside :)

• Eat, sleep, watch movies, walk around/sightseeing, meet new people, chat with friends. But the ultimate weapon to get my motivation back is my sister. She's like my other soul, she knows me better than I know myself and somehow, she always manages to get my motivation back lol

• Sometimes but the feeling usually just fades away.

• I sing the survivor song really loud. Doesn't help much though 😳

• Get up and do something. :D

• Yeah quite often. It goes away with time.

• Do something you've been putting off.

• I do feel unmotivated sometimes