Do you shower/wash in the day or night?

I tend to shower at night time. it always made the most sense to me.

I don't get dirty sleeping so i tend to wash at night. it also keeps my bed clean. I think washing more than once can be terrible for your skin

• Wash at night
  • Wash in the morning
  • Both
  • I don't wash
This question was prompted by a discussion i was involved in between an Asian (particularly Chinese) whom culturally showers in the night and an American that culturally showers in the morning.

It seems a simple enough question but apparently (at least in the USA case) it's linked to how there used to be more blue collar workers whom naturally through labour were more fitting to shower at night whereas the middle class whom were in the office didn't need to so usually did at night. Nowadays
The latter is the norm

Most Helpful Girl

• Mostly I shower in the morning and night. The only time I might not is when I haven't worked out and then I might skip my evening shower. I don't think it's terrible for your skin to shower twice. Just don't put the water on too hot and moisturize your skin.

• Nothin with showering 2x daily like you said dont turn the water up too hot and try to use a ph neutral+moisturising body wash

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to shower at night because my hair was always frizzy when i got outta the shower, but I hated having to do a bunch of shit to my bedhead in the morning to make it look decent. Then i found out how to fix the friz problem, so I've recently started showering in the mornings and because of it my hair looks a lot better befor i go out.

What Girls Said 16

• Both, I luv going to bed smelling fresh and clean after using his favorite body wash (it's mine he just likes the smell) then snuggling up with him. So you could say the night shower is for him! = ] Usually wash my hair in the morning and the shower wakes me up enough for coffee! = }

• Usually morning but if I had a stressful day or I'm feeling particularly down I'll take a shower again at night because it relaxes me. I don't necessarily shampoo my hair again, just kind of stand there and enjoy the warmth of the water.

• i have a shower both in the morning and at night

• i mostly do both..

• In the morning, afternoon and before i go to sleep. Sometimes i only shower twice morning and before i got to bed

• I shower once in the morning and once at night, sometimes in between the afternoon another time.

• I bathe in the evening and shower in the morning.

• I never shower in the morning even if I'm staying home all day. I just can't do that! It feels terrible to be wet and sleepy :/ I usually shower just before going to bed :) (btw, I come from Europe).

• I prefer showering at evening or night.

:)

I heard long showers for dry skin is bad.

• I always wash in the morning.

• Before work and after work.

• Morning unless I don't plan on doing anything that day then its night

• after a workout, which is usually late afternoon

• Generally at night

• I do shower ones a month :P

• It depends. Sometimes it can't wait til morning. Its pretty varied for me.

What Guys Said 11

• I much prefer to wash in the morning. The thing with doing it at night is people sweat during their sleep. If you do it in the morning you are washing all that night time sweat off and start the day very fresh and clean.

• I shower three times a day, I actually run home and shower at lunch, unless I am traveling then I up it to four times a day.. Not normal I know, I can't help it.

• prefer to sleep nice and clean.

• Usually in the morning, but it really depends on what's going on.

• If I have to go anywhere I will wash. But if the entire day is free, I won't.

• In the end of the afternoon, after I return from the gym.

• Morning and night, but if I had to only once definitely the evening, wouldn't want to go to sleep all sweaty from the day

• I wash 2x a day but usually I take only a shower in the morning.
    taking it at night makes no sense to me because you sweat in the bed so I'd have to take it in the morning anyway.

• I shower before going to bed, sometimes I also shower in the morning but only if I'm going out somewhere.

• I shower in the morning, helps me wake up

• I shower when I get home from work so early evening