What are your thoughts on having children?

It's a duty I have to perform apparently -.-

Most Helpful Girl

• I have two children and they are the best things that ever happened to me. Children are great. Yeah, they take away from your plans and your dreams and you have to eventually grow up and support them.. BUT you gain new plans and new dreams once you have them. Children aren't the burden people make them out to be. My children are the reason for my happiness.

Most Helpful Guy

• Once upon a time, I thought "NEVER!" I thought I wasn't patient enough, I wasn't nurturing enough, I didn't earn enough money for what they would need, I would lose my temper and beat them, etc.

Then I dated a plethora of single and divorced mommies, and I saw how many people *were* raising their children, and I thought, "Damn, at my worst I could do better than most of these people!"

So I guess I have learned to never say never.

I haven't met the right lady to marry yet, and if I did she might be too old to have children by then, but anyway, I am not against the idea anymore.

• yeah i would love to have babies in my life when i get a job or I do my own business stand then i do marry with two babies

What Girls Said 41

• I'm very much looking forward to it. I have a natural calling for wanting to be a mom and I love babies. It's definitely something I can't wait for. I even look forward to being pregnant and giving labor. The idea of a baby growing inside of me is just amazing.

• I never want them and never have, i've just never had the desire to be a mother. I want a simple life, I just want to play video games, spend time with the people I love, have pets and travel lol.

I don't want to wake up early every morning and spend my entire day raising a child. I respect parents because it's something I never want to do.

Also you don't have to do anything, more and more people are not having children these days, you shouldn't feel pressured to do anything, it's your life and you should be happy.

• Honey, try being a woman. It's fucking expected that you not only have children, but that you desperately want multiple.

• I adore kids, awesome people. Often way better than adults. I don't thin I want any myself though, sad thing is I am coming to an age where I really need to decide this for certain. It really isn't long enough, the window of opportunity. I'm still young despite what the twenty some things think, I don't want to give up my life yet but soon it will be much more dangerous for me to have a baby.

• You should only have them when you're mentally willing to have them. If you don't have any paternal feelings, then don't get kids. Also, make sure you have a stable income, a safe home environment, a good relationship with a significant other and enough time to spend with your kid.
    If everyone took those factors in account before the baby making, then the world would be a better place.

• I believe we are all here to procreate, however not everyone wants to...
    In my honest opinion I do want kids... it gives some type of meaning to life and brings joy if you are ready for them

• Meh.

My view is as follows. Ideally, I would like not to have them. If it happens, then meh. Fine. I'll raise it but there's no way I'll ever win mother of the year.

If it doesn't happen then that's awesome :)

• Children are wonderful creatures and deserve all the diamonds and gold the world has to offer but I don't want any personally. There is a small chance I might adopt one day though.

• I used to think that way until I realized that I will never understand my parents if I don't have children.

• I have a little sister but I'm a problem child... and still am.

• Maybe if you clean up they'll give you mercy 😄

• I would like to have at least 3 children, 4 would be perfect, 2 boys and 2 girls. But not for now, I'm still young. I feel that they bring joy to a house and create movement. Plus they're cute

• If i can really fall in love with a guy i want a lot of children from him so i can make them grow with the love which i take from my man. Without his love being mom ain't interested in with me i told this because some people even marry for having a child. I believe a child can be happier if the parents really love each other.

• one day but it has to be when i am emotionally, psychically, financially, mentally, ready to have a child and after i get an education

• I love children but you don't HAVE to ever have them. I want three :D

• I love children and definitely want them someday... preferably after my degree though. :D

• In my culture, it's important for men to carry on the family name, but they definitely shouldn't be forced or see it as a duty they have to fulfil! My parents would have been happy to just have girls, and they definitely won't pressurize my brother :)

• I used to not want children but I realized that I needed children to understand my parents. There's also the spiritual aspect of it that I want to tap into.

• Kids are a blessing :)
      My grandma spends months at a time with each of her children and their kids.
      In Africa, I think there is a stronger family structure.
      I've seen so many lonely elderly people who don't have children to visit them.
      They may be stressful when you are young, but if you're a good parent they'll be a blessing when you are old. :)

• It's a big responsibility. Children can be hard to take care of especially when they're toddlers.

• I've told my mom since I was 13 that I didn't want kids because of other parents. The ones who won't discipline their kids and would rather be their friends. I've never felt the need to be a parent (I'll be the favorite aunt, thanks) but other kids and their parents have always been a big reason. I would expect a certain respect from my kids that others don't. I'd adopt without second thought, but nothing is coming out of me.

• I don't particularly care if I have kids or not I always prefer animals to kids would rather have loads of animals instead. If I have kids it won't be til I'm like 30 I don't want them in my twenties and I need to have a good career able to provide the best I can before I even think about kids.

• I don't want children. They're soooo darn cute but I'm too selfish as a person to have kid (s). If I have kid (s), I want to be selfless and put them first.

• I don't want to have children. I feel like I would be happier without than with.

• There used to be a good reason to have kids: to increase the human population. But now that would only hurt our planet, so I see no good reason to have children. I've asked many parents why they have had kids, the best repsonce I've gotten is, "I don't know. I just wanted them." Beyond that, there is no reason.

• i would like to have them.. but not in near future..

• only when i want to have kids then i want marriage so they are cute to have but not the responsibility i want to carry forever

• I would like to have childrens just not in anytime soon. Maybe 2 of my own and adopt one

• I don't want any child and I don't think you should either. If you don't want to you don't have to. I believe it's a very important choice that you have to take only if you really want to.

• I would love to be a mother someday, unfortunately that will probably not happen considering mine and my husband's relationship. One does not have to have children, so why do you say that?

• I used to not want children but then if I never had children, I would never understand my parents. There's also something spiritual about raising children. LEGACY!!

• It shouldn't be a duty, since there's enough people in the world.

• Totally. Someday. Not in near future.

• I would love to have children one day

• I would love to be a mom some day! 😍
    But if you don't want to have children, then don't.

• It's about legacy and carrying the torch and finishing the job ya know

• I just have a single thought

no

• It would be closer to 30 according to the career path.

• More from Girls
    11

What Guys Said 21

• I absolutely ADORE children, and would certainly want to have them some day!

• Children are rad, but expensive. I personally want children because I want to leave something of myself behind. Plus I see every generation getting smarter and growing humanity. I want my children to be apart of that.

• I think there's enough whining, grasping little turds in this world without me adding more that I don't even want.

• Lol, tell your parents to go fuck themselves. You will or will not have any kids depends entirely on you. Congradulations on your new freedom lmfao.

• HONESTLY

I think people the only people that should be allowed to breed should be mentally and physically superior people. Something like how they restrict the amount of children you have in china but instead of restricting the amount of kids, restricting whether you can or cannot have kids.

I don't know, just seemed better than having parents with fucked up DNA ruining their kids lives and self-esteem

• Interesting that you mentioned that: www.urantia.org/.../paper-72-government-neighboring-planet

"The feeble-minded are trained only in agriculture and animal husbandry, and are committed for life to special custodial colonies where they are segregated by sex to prevent parenthood, which is denied all subnormals. These restrictive measures have been in operation for seventy-five years; the commitment decrees are handed down by the parental courts."

• Getting married and having kids is a lifelong dream of mine. :)

• I'd like kids one day, I'm good with them.

• Poor you. You know what, have someone else have them for you.

• I don't want children, they would interfere with the kind of life I want.

• my son is 14 and get straight A's and is working on a scholarship at 14 years old... have Kids You will be Humbled

• Children are imperfect developing adults. Putting that aside, I would not have the tolerance a child.

• Kelfuma having kids isn't a duty it's a privilege

As for me I would very much like to have some, someday after I'm married.

• A PRIVILEGE... Fine, there is a girl I'm interested in ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Go for it then if the circumstances are in you favor.

• Im all for it, but I don't see it happening in my life. Not in this world.

• i want some day but not for a while

• I don't lie

• 2-3 is enough

• That's what I was thinking, 1 boy and 2 girls would be ideal.

• i don't want children. It's not for me

• Personally I'm ambivalent. With someone special I definitely wouldn't mind it but I don't absolutely need kids to be happy.

• Not sure if i ever want kids

• i detest them.. so no.

• It's not a duty, but you should certainly desire it. What greater legacy can you bring into the world than your own son or daughter?