Do you think more people are becoming apathetic towards others?

Do you think people are caring less about each other then before. I think more people are. You have all these issues that plagues society and people look like they could care less. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. I feel like people are becoming more cold and inhumane compared to earlier ages. This is manifisted even when you ask them about their opinion or reaction to certain tragic events.

I think one of the reasons is the internet and the technology that isolated lots of individuals from real life and from people whom they are supposed to interact with. People started spending more time with their screens and devices than with real humans. The majority of them now prefer to just text rather than going personaly to talk to someone face to face. Less emotions are being conveyed and lots of people can't even relate to how other people feel.

Nowadays, men are not supposed to show emotions too while in the past men (who were considered manly) used to cry and show emotions because they were confident that a simple expression like that doesn't negate their manly reputation. Some women are becoming like that too for some reason.

Moreover, I think our societies have become more competitive, fast-paced and busy. People run like crazy to gain their living. Lots of economical privileges that were evident in the past are no longer there. As a result, people have less time for family and friends compared to before. Even meal times which used to be one of the opportunities to gather family and friends are gradually fading as more people are depending on fast food.

What Girls Said 2

• "The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity." George Bernard Shaw

I completely disagree with this quote. In my experience, sympathy/concern are just excuses to force your own morals/beliefs onto others. I prefer indifference to the "concern" that most people have shown me.

• Exactly, i feel just like you. They think what you feel or act is wrong so they try to. make you different. Whereas if they are indifferent, they just dont give a shit about you. They won't do. anything nice for you but they won't do anything bad for you. either.

• That's been my experience, for the most part.

• i think they are.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I've certainly noticed that. Especially in the United States, I've noticed that people don't really respect each other's emotions. Here it's about being the "rugged individual".

• I think so, and I don't blame them. when you try and help people and give them support and they just go back to doing what ever it was in the first place, why keep trying?

• Absolutely. Everyone is thinking about themselves only these days. Also, most people have a vast difference of opinions from each other. This is one of many causes of animosities among fellow humans.

• I agree. I no longer give a fuck about anyone.

There was a girl getting mugged the other day while I was walking down the street. I didn't do shit. Fuck her. She probably deserved it.