Does it sound like I have retinal detachment?

I googled everything that could happen and this one sounds the most likely. I always see floaters, but now I started seeing little black dots too. Not too much, one at a time, but a couple times a day. For some reason, they mostly come when I'm looking at my phone. Sides of my eyes are a liitle veiny and they've hurt a little before, about 2-3 times for 1-2 seconds. I'm an insomniac and I've been under some stress.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you should try sleeping more and definitely stay away from WebMD if that's where you went. I know insomnia can be a hard thing to deal with (it's 1:10 am) but the eye floaters just happen. They aren't even serious and some are just from a film covering your eyes. Dust comes in and has to be captured and disposed of. And your screen is lighter than everyday objects so they're easier to see when looking at it. By any chance are you a hypochondriac?

What Girls Said 2

• Floaters could be a sign of infection, retinal detachment or it could be something more serious, such as temporal arteritis. You should go see an eye doctor for sure. It is better to be safe than sorry. You do not want to end up losing your vision, which is very possible.

• The only way to know for sure is to go see a doctor.

What Guys Said 0