Why do most men choose shorter women?

I'm 5'8. It's tall but not THAT tall. I know not ALL men like petite women but it makes me feel HUGE and unfeminine. I heard some people wanna be taller but I think smaller women have it so lucky. It sucks being taller than most men. :/

• petite women are easier to dominate
  • I dont like tall women
  • tall women are intimidating
  • shorter women are more feminine

Most Helpful Guy

• Well average height is 5'4" (at least in the US) so because there are many more shorter girls than you of course more guys will end up choosing them percentage wise. A lot of guys like girls at 5'8" though. I don't really consider that particularly tall to me like you said. It's a nice height. I'm more interested in the shape.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys don't care much about height so long as the girls shorter than them.
    I'd think its probably half and half anyway. Just as many guys like tall leggy women than ones who like small petite ones.

I have a friend who is 5'9", slim, long hair, cute. She's feminine as hell. She could be 6'2" and still be feminine. It isn't about height.

What Guys Said 22

• I'm around 6'5" so most women are way shorter than me. Honestly I've never dated anyone I didn't have to bend over to kiss. I didn't actively choose someone who is tall or short I just don't care about height. Most women just happen to be around average height so I've mostly gotten close to women around the average. That's what average means lol

I imagine that it would be more convenient to kiss and do other things with a woman closer to my height though..

• I think girls care more about height than guys do.

I'm 5'9 and I'd date a girl your height.

Girls have this thing that it's not enough that the guy is taller, he needs to be taller even when she is wearing heels.

• Yup it's like wearing those heels and still being shorter is super important to them. Even more than personality.

• @Toad-1
      Yeah

Personally I'd prefDr a girl shorter than me barefoot, buy I really don't give a shit if she's taller when wearing heels.

What also irritates me is girls say guys are shallow assholes for refusing to date girls based on their number of sexual partners (something they choose) but they have no problem with denying guys based on their number of height (something they DIDN'T choose)

• Where are you? And I dig tall women, I am fine if she is of my height 5.9 and if she looks taller then me with heels 😚😚. You just need to find the kind of guy who cannot resist you.

• "tall women are intimidating" is my choice

I mean, I'm 5'7". A bunch of girls are like "oh if I can't wear high heels without being taller then it's a no-go", so clearly if they don't even need to wear high heels, it's kinda pointless to even assume that they'd be okay with it.

• When you're 6'2", 95% of everyone you meet is short so the difference between 5'2 and 5'8 is just not even a big deal. Short girls are adorable!!!
    Anywhere like 5'6 - 5'9 is probably perfect height for me. But height isn't even super high on the list.

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Would you go out with a man shorter than yourself?

• My ex boyfriend was a few inches shorter than me so yes I have.

• "... but it makes me feel HUGE and unfeminine." This pretty much sums up how many woman feel in this case and I am surprised that being with a shorter didn't make you feel this way if you really do care to not feel "HUGE and unfeminine" as you put it.

I suggest to you that you take more of an active stance on finding a partne

• Yeah I see. My friends are shorter so its easier for them becasue they're shorter most men. I would date a man the same height as me.

• Petite women or really tall women are just far more attractive for me, you're either taller than me or really shorter than me I don't like in between lol I'm 5'11

• None of the above. Since men are generally taller it's a trivial statistic that most men marry women who are shorter than they are.

• None of the options cause I prefer taller women and 5'8 is just perfect for me considering my height...

• I am tall and I like women 5 ft 4 and under. I am 6 4

• "Why do most men choose shorter women?"

because most women want taller men

• I prefer women who are a little on the tall side. I find short women a bit awkward to date...

• I prefer same, or less than mine.

• I like picking them up and hugging them. like a stuffed animal.

• cause they are very cute and flirtable

• I don't think 5'8" is taller than most men, but it's taller than most women.

The reason for choosing short is higher fertility, but it's not like it's really a choice. It's like why would you choose someone with and attractive face? We have instincts more than reasons.

Went with D but all of your poll options are almost equally weird.

• All these options suck. I like tall and short women. I don't care.

• because they can give head while standing up

• Height doesn't matter to me, but most taller women consider me too short, even though I'm six feet tall.

• I didn't vote because all your options are all negative towards tall girls. I love tall women! They are more feminine with their long legs and the way they look in dresses. Clothes suits them better and their bodies carry weight better. They are more charismatic and often have this classy, beautiful look - like Liv Tyler, Nicole Kidman, Angelia Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence or Kate Middleton. Those women would not look that elegant or regal if they were 5 feet tall.

Also remember that tall women can have tall kids so genetically they are more desirable. The reason you see so many guys with short girls is that short girls are common while tall girls are rare and not easy to find. Statistically there aren't that many tall girls so of course more guys will be with short ones.

I'm tall and I always go for tall girls. We're more compatible physically - easier to kiss, hug, dance etc.
    I think you're lucky to be tallish (5'8 isn't really tall in my opinion, more like taller side of average).

• I'm 5'7 so pretty short so most girls are my height or slightly shorter. Most tall girls want taller guys and so I can only date shorter girls.
    My friend is 6'4 and dates short girls like 5'1...

It's just madness, if taller girls were into shorter guys I'd definitely date them!

• I don't choose them but I don't meet a lot of attractive girls who are 6' 3" and up so my girlfriends have all been shorter than me.

What Girls Said 7

• I think it works both ways. Many girls feel like they need their guy to be taller because that'll make him look 'manlier', and he'll be able to protect her from the apparent dangers lurking behind every corner. At the same time, lots of guy will seek out taller and overall smaller girls because anyone bigger than them would make them feel emasculated.

From my experience as a girl who's 5'10", all it takes is often just one person to break the cycle. To say yeah, might be breaking the age-old norms but why the fuck not? I'm not dating you to be my security guard or china doll to place on my mantle piece. I like you for you, I'll take the whole package.
    (By 'experience' I mean through time with my boyfriend, who's around 2 inches shorter than me. I felt like my being taller would be a deterrent to him near the start. Turns out he loves tall girls. especially the long legs and overall leaner bodies we usually get.)

• That's a great height for a woman. I am 5ft 7 myself and I wear 6 inch heels regularly but I get your point about shorter guys.

• What kind of poll is this? All the answers are negative so I didn't vote. :/

Also, not all men like short women. I'm 5'7", not that tall, and had no trouble finding a guy. He loves me for me. I mean, you're not THAT tall. You're medium height. Most guys wouldn't care anyway.

• I would think it's intimidating. I mean I want a guy that's taller than me too so I understand why guys want a girl shorter than them. Like you said, you're tall but not THAT tall, there are plenty of guys taller than you :)

• None the answers you list say anything positive about tall women.

• Its a combination of A, C, and D.
    I'm 5'8 too and I feel huge. Smaller women are cuter and men are more protective of them. Guys always comment on my height and I'm not even that tall.

The only thing that is bad about being with a short girl is when they have kids they may have a short son but other than that guys think petite girls are superior in every way.

• they just want to look tall next to them.