I'm 18 and my mom still forces me to go help her out on the weekends. What to do?

She is a single mother and she cleans houses. She works mon through Friday. Sometimes cleaning 2. But that usually is once of twice a week. Well I've always helped her since i was little and it stops me from going out etc. I want a life especially since i start college, have hwk. And i basically go to church on Sunday. I was packed with so much hwk and told hee i couldnt go. Then she was like and you won't go out with your boyfriend either all bitter. I mean she doesn't pay for my tuiton but she is paying for my car insurance and food (100 plus food). What to do? She says that it is my duty as her daughter to help her out

Most Helpful Guy

• It is your duty I was put to work in the yard at my house all the time when I got home from school and I had to just do it

Most Helpful Girl

• She is a single mom who works 5 days a week, sometimes a second job too? And you can't help her at all on the weekends... because why exactly? It doesn't hurt to put in a little bit of time to give her a hand with stuff.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, in a way you *should* help her out. But she should cut you slack for your studies. It's not like you are leading a carefree life of fun and games.

• Appreciate you have a mum and support her. Particularly with her being a single mum

• Tell her to fuck off

What Girls Said 0