Why does music distract me when I'm driving?

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes away from your ability and attention while driving, especially when you're lost or looming for a specific place you've never been to before.

Check out this article for more detailed information:
    sharpbrains.com/.../

Most Helpful Guy

• Strange, that happens to me too. So I never play music in my car when I drive. I wonder how people manage to drive with music, though. Seems so distracting.

• I'm a metal head too lol

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you get way too much into it

What Guys Said 4

• It's always been like that to me too, I can't keep on loud while driving and even funnier most people have to turn it down when looking for a street or address number, lol I think has to do with really needing all our 5 senses working when concentrating

• Listening to music is one of the few things that uses your entire brain to do. So when you're listening to music while driving, it affects your concentration.

• Listen to Classical music, or instrumental music, the lyrics are the area of the song that are distracting, just like when you are studying.

• You start dancing and singing and get carried away when driving, not paying attention to the road?